Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU loan prepayment

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Alliant CU loan prepayment

I'm got approved for an RV loan through alliant CU and was wondering if anyone here in fico land knows how extra payments are applied. For example if my payment is 400 and I pay 1200 will I owe a payment the following month or will I not owe a payment for 2 months?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant CU loan prepayment

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

I'm got approved for an RV loan through alliant CU and was wondering if anyone here in fico land knows how extra payments are applied. For example if my payment is 400 and I pay 1200 will I owe a payment the following month or will I not owe a payment for 2 months?

I don't have first hand experience. From reading threads on Alliant, I am under the impression that prepayment will push out the next payment due date. You may want to follow your account closely if that is the path you choose.

Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

They do not advance the next payment date.

Under the example you gave, you would not owe a payment for 2 months.

That is one of the good things about Alliant.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 8
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

They DO NOT? Then the next payment is still due the following month no?

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AlmostNJ wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

No, I'm saying they leave the due date where it is. If you prepay the May and June payments, your next payment is due in July.

Message 5 of 8
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AlmostNJ wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

No, I'm saying they leave the due date where it is. If you prepay the May and June payments, your next payment is due in July

@SouthJamaica do you have personal experience with them and making payments like this?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AlmostNJ wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

No, I'm saying they leave the due date where it is. If you prepay the May and June payments, your next payment is due in July

@SouthJamaica do you have personal experience with them and making payments like this?

Yes. I've had multiple loans with them.

It's also well known in this forum.

Message 7 of 8
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@AlmostNJ wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

No, I'm saying they leave the due date where it is. If you prepay the May and June payments, your next payment is due in July.

Ok thanks!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.