Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union | Customer Service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Credit Union | Customer Service

Hey all,

I wanted to gauge everyone's personal experiences with Alliant's customer service. I submitted an application for membership over the weekend and I am waiting for a manual review. I have had two different phone experiences with them (both with really long wait times) and not so friendly customer service (but definitely not the worst); but feel like it may have just been some isolated one-off situations since everyone seems pretty happy with them.

How do you personally feel about Alliant's customer service?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alliant Credit Union | Customer Service

I've never had any issues whenever I had to contact them. I do recall being on hold for a bit, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input!

I feel sort of bias because I am already excited to join them because of their rates but just want to make sure I ask the question before moving $$$ over there Smiley Happy

@FinStar wrote:
I've never had any issues whenever I had to contact them. I do recall being on hold for a bit, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me.

Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sure, anytime. It helps to gauge some data points from others to make an informed decision when $$$ is on the table.

My experience dealt with upgrading the Platinum CC to the Visa Signature for the rewards program.

While the process was a bit wonky, and took a couple of calls, it was converted seamlessly. Their customer service was definitely great in how things were handled in my experience.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Alliant for a few months, but haven't really had to deal with their customer service. I can give you my full confidence their service is better than the likes of NASA FCU, Credit One, and Citi, however. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to call them once, after I became a member, to opt out of a couple privacy options (it's in your membership information when you receive it). It took less than 15 minutes and they were friendly. I am not sure if I had lucky timing with the wait or not. It has been my only experience calling them thus far. They have been my main bank since October 2017, I am not anywhere near a branch, and I have had no issues requiring me to call them.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

Message 7 of 11
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Their fraud department called me about a miunderstanding about an electronic deposit.   The matter was promptly cleared up but here is the deal.   The person calling me left a phone extension to call her back, but when I called back the phone number, I had to wait 25 minutes for one of the regular CSRs to answer the flippin' phone so I could ask to be transferred to extension XXXX.   That was absolutely absurd and I told them so.    They gave me a great credit card with a great limit and I love their online banking system, but these large national credit unions that want to play in the big leagues -- like they are BofA or Chase or whatever -- need to hire enough phone staff so that you don't have to routinely hold 15 minutes to get someone to answer.   That's not acceptable to me.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

let me tell you i have had the absolutely positively the very best experience with Alliant credit Union.

From the moment i applied for an online membership on a bright tuesday morning through having applied for auto refi, credit cards and getting my application approved for all of them was barely 48 hours.

I was in touch with a loan servicing agent that did everything online and wrote me back with all the necessary documentation. I first applied for the auto refi & even when DCU was only 2.99% APR , i signed a loan agreement with Alliant for auto refi at 3.49% APr for full 60 months. He sent me all documentation via email and i signed and sent it back immediately. They sent a check to my previous auto loan company by Monday and was funded and saved me a whole month of payment and schedule my next payment to be 30 days away from what i was already scheduled for. In the meantime, he also told me what i would qualify for on a credit card visa app and approved it immediately.  I completed two balance transfers in 24 hours and was showing on my account as completed. 

Overall its been a very awesome experience. I have yet to experience their banking side but the loan side is fabulous.

Thanks for asking OP. i got to speak my mind and am very glad.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! Everyone has such different experiences with banks/CUs so it's nice to get multiple POVs so you get a better picture.

For the most part everybody has a pretty positive experience with Alliantbut I do think they need to hire a few more people to lessen the wait times on the banking side--and this is coming from someone who has only had, as of now, three phone conversations with them Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

let me tell you i have had the absolutely positively the very best experience with Alliant credit Union.

From the moment i applied for an online membership on a bright tuesday morning through having applied for auto refi, credit cards and getting my application approved for all of them was barely 48 hours.

I was in touch with John Yu a loan servicing agent that did everything online and wrote me back with all the necessary documentation. I first applied for the auto refi & even when DCU was only 2.99% APR , i signed a loan agreement with Alliant for auto refi at 3.49% APr for full 60 months. He sent me all documentation via email and i signed and sent it back immediately. They sent a check to my previous auto loan company by Monday and was funded and saved me a whole month of payment and schedule my next payment to be 30 days away from what i was already scheduled for. In the meantime, he also told me what i would qualify for on a credit card visa app and approved it immediately.  I completed two balance transfers in 24 hours and was showing on my account as completed. 

Overall its been a very awesome experience. I have yet to experience their banking side but the loan side is fabulous.

Thanks for asking OP. i got to speak my mind and am very glad.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.