Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Alliant Credit Union

Does anybody have any experience with Alliant?

I applied for an account two weeks ago, received an email the following morning to unlock my credit report, and haven't heard back since. I called last week and was told I couldn't be moved to the right department and to call back later. I've checked my TU report (which they request be unlocked) and I still don't even have a soft inquiry from them. I'm just confused as to what could be taking so long.

Anybody have the same issue as well?

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union

What kind of account was it you applied for?  Membership + checking, or are you an existing member that applied for a credit card, or ??

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
CV91915
Established Member

I dare you to try to get a mortgage from Alliant.  

Me [already preapproved]: "We are going to put an offer in on a house tomorrow.  I want to make sure that a 45-day close is still feasible."

Loan officer:  "Of course, no problem."

Me:  Great, thanks!!

A couple of days later after signing and sending Alliant the executed purchase agreement, the loan officer called me.

Loan officer: "Yeah, there's really no way we can get this done in 45 days.  Could you contact the seller and get an extension?"

Needless to say I ditched them, went elsewhere, and closed on time (with more favorable terms).

Message 3 of 5
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

What kind of account was it you applied for?  Membership + checking, or are you an existing member that applied for a credit card, or ??

My bad. I applied for membership + checking account. 

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 4 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call them back again, don't be afraid to be a nice-about-it PITA.    It could easily be a new employee goofed and inadvertently sidetracked your application.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.