Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Personal Loan

tag
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

AmEx Personal Loan

Can I say how much I love Amex?

I was looking for a personal loan (long story) and gave up on both Prosper and Lending Club after they bombarded me with prequalified mailers and e-mails, but gave me a hard time with POI. I then tried Marcus after receiving a prequal mailer from them, but they declined me - fortunately it was just a soft pull.

Fortunately, a prequalification resurfaced on Amex when I logged in last week, for $15k at 12.97%. I applied last Thursday around 3 PM and had the funds in my Fidelity account at 7 AM on Friday. I have multiple charge and credit cards with Amex and PIF monthly, and the process could not have been faster or easier: just a couple minutes on my mobile phone from beginning to end.

It took me years to get back in with Amex after I stiffed them in the mid-90s for $300 (I was a poor college student), but they’ve warmed back up to me!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AmEx Personal Loan

Congrats on your Amex personal loan approvalSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Personal Loan

Congrats - that’s likely a lot better APR than you’d have gotten from either of the others, and with them there’s a chance of it coding as a CFA. No worries with Amex though.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.