Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCE plus personal loan pre-approval

tag
Gollum
Established Contributor

American Express BCE plus personal loan pre-approval

I have an American Express BCE and American Express says I'm pre-approved for a non-secured Personal Loan of $25,000 for 36 months at 5.98%. I have no intention of accepting the offer, but I thought the "data point" might be interesting to others.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ayeecorreia
New Contributor

Re: American Express BCE plus personal loan pre-approval

thanks for the DP. I periodically check Amex personal loans as i have 6 open cards with them and never get any offers over the past 2 years. I finally had an offer in my account today. Interest rate 10.25%. I'll check again in a month or so to try and get a lower interest rate. 

Amex Plat, Gold, BCP, EDP, Aspire, Delta Platinum,
NFCU Platinum, Cash Rewards, Amex More Rewards,
CSP, CFF,
Barclay Arrival,
BoA Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines,
Capital One Venture
Citi Costco
Paypal MC
Best Buy
Discover
Military Star
Message 2 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

I have an American Express BCE and American Express says I'm pre-approved for a non-secured Personal Loan of $25,000 for 36 months at 5.98%. I have no intention of accepting the offer, but I thought the "data point" might be interesting to others.

I just got this as well on the Amex Gold. 

Curious - does anyone know if this is a HP on your credit report? 🤔

Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

Most have reported that accepting an AMEX personal loan offer does not result in a HP.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

Most have reported that accepting an AMEX personal loan offer does not result in a HP.

No HP for me when I accepted PL offer in Feb.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

No HP for me when I accepted PL offer in Feb.

Any penalty for paying off say a 12-month loan in 3-4 months? I think I read NO, but just making sure if anyone knows.

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

No prepayment penalty, see https://www.americanexpress.com/us/loans/personal-loans/

Message 7 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

No prepayment penalty, see https://www.americanexpress.com/us/loans/personal-loans/

How about saving on interest on the months you paid it off early? (checking your link now as I ask this question)

Potential Future Cards
Message 8 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

How about saving on interest of the months you paid it off early? (checking your link now as I ask this question)

I don't believe the interest is front-loaded on these loans but you'd have to confirm the details in the loan agreement.

Message 9 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

How about saving on interest of the months you paid it off early? (checking your link now as I ask this question)

I don't believe the interest is front-loaded on these loans but you'd have to confirm the details in the loan agreement.

I gotta say this : I still don't know about my interest dilemma,  but that had to be the EASIEST loan I ever did. Submitted the app yesterday late afternoon, I was approved immediately, and then this morning I woke up early and the money was already sitting in my account. For this and many other reasons is why I love being with AMEX! Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.