cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American heritage credit union membership requirements

zhuvy1
New Member

American heritage credit union membership requirements

I found somewhere online that to become eligible for membership in AHCU just need to donate $15 to the kids-n-hope foundation. however, when I went onto their website to become a member there is no such option of donation just employment by a list of companies.

Does anyone have experience in that?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Wallflower01
New Visitor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements


@zhuvy1 wrote:

I found somewhere online that to become eligible for membership in AHCU just need to donate $15 to the kids-n-hope foundation. however, when I went onto their website to become a member there is no such option of donation just employment by a list of companies.

Does anyone have experience in that?


It sounds like you were going to the AHCU site looking to donate to the kids-n-hope foundation to gain access to this credit union. You need to become a member of kids-n-hope foundation first, as per their website:

 

Become a Member

Foundation membership is open to individuals willing to assist the Foundation’s efforts to serve organizations in our area. A one-time minimum membership due of $5.00 is required to join the Foundation.

 

Your membership in the Foundation allows you to become a member of American Heritage Federal Credit Union (www.AmericanHeritageCU.org) and take advantage of the financial services offered.

 

Membership in the Foundation is non-transferable and non-assignable. Any contributions paid to the Foundation become the property of the Foundation. For a membership application, please click here.

 

Once you join the Kids-N-Hope Foundation, as a member, that will give you access to credit union. So you can't donate via the credit union website.  You must pay to join the Kids-N-Hope foundation, on their website with a $5 donation.  Once you become a member, I am sure you will receive instructions on how to then join the credit union.

Message 2 of 9
sugarcreek67
Regular Contributor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements

per csr; 

 
That is a link that will tell you more about Kids in hope if you wish to join you can use our Video advisor to speak with live rep to open an account you would make a donation of 15.00 to the foundation and that will make you eligible to become a member


>>current scores 11/11/21

EQ Fico9 754
TU Fico9 750
EX Fico9 756
EX fico 8 739
EQ Fico8 745
TU Fico 8 745
Navy score 294
Message 3 of 9
A-B
Established Member

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements

I was interested in joining AHCU for their 4% certificate.  However, according to the AHCU employee I spoke to last week via online chat, making a donation to Kids N Hope no longer qualifies for membership.  

Message 4 of 9
sugarcreek67
Regular Contributor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements


@A-B wrote:

I was interested in joining AHCU for their 4% certificate.  However, according to the AHCU employee I spoke to last week via online chat, making a donation to Kids N Hope no longer qualifies for membership.  


This link is directly from their website i grabbed it just moments ago; https://app.loanspq.com/xa/xpressApp.aspx?lenderref=amhp215&noencrypt&l=1

 

I am in the joining process with them now. I was sent the pre filled out paper application and asked to sign it in front of a notary and mail it back to them. I will get that done today.  That 4% certificate is nice, but so is that 3% card lol  just getting my foot in the door, worry with a credit app later



>>current scores 11/11/21

EQ Fico9 754
TU Fico9 750
EX Fico9 756
EX fico 8 739
EQ Fico8 745
TU Fico 8 745
Navy score 294
Message 5 of 9
A-B
Established Member

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements

Interesting.  The option to join by becoming a member of Kids N Hope wasn't available on the application a week or two ago.  That's why I did the online chat and asked about it.  Glad I found your post.  I'm going to apply for membership now, too.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
sugarcreek67
Regular Contributor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements

Membership was approved.   Just a strange Dp to add. they first requested a notarized paper app, then I got a call from my ex wife,we have been divorced for 16 years they called her to verify my identity.



>>current scores 11/11/21

EQ Fico9 754
TU Fico9 750
EX Fico9 756
EX fico 8 739
EQ Fico8 745
TU Fico 8 745
Navy score 294
Message 7 of 9
kremonis
Contributor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements

@sugarcreek67 


@sugarcreek67 wrote:

@A-B wrote:

I was interested in joining AHCU for their 4% certificate.  However, according to the AHCU employee I spoke to last week via online chat, making a donation to Kids N Hope no longer qualifies for membership.  


This link is directly from their website i grabbed it just moments ago; https://app.loanspq.com/xa/xpressApp.aspx?lenderref=amhp215&noencrypt&l=1

 

I am in the joining process with them now. I was sent the pre filled out paper application and asked to sign it in front of a notary and mail it back to them. I will get that done today.  That 4% certificate is nice, but so is that 3% card lol  just getting my foot in the door, worry with a credit app later


Do you know how many 4% cd's you can open and how long the 4% cd promotion last?

EDIT:

Checked the internet archive. This 4% promotion has been since at least mid January this year.

Message 8 of 9
sugarcreek67
Regular Contributor

Re: American heritage credit union membership requirements


@kremonis wrote:

@sugarcreek67 


@sugarcreek67 wrote:

@A-B wrote:

I was interested in joining AHCU for their 4% certificate.  However, according to the AHCU employee I spoke to last week via online chat, making a donation to Kids N Hope no longer qualifies for membership.  


This link is directly from their website i grabbed it just moments ago; https://app.loanspq.com/xa/xpressApp.aspx?lenderref=amhp215&noencrypt&l=1

 

I am in the joining process with them now. I was sent the pre filled out paper application and asked to sign it in front of a notary and mail it back to them. I will get that done today.  That 4% certificate is nice, but so is that 3% card lol  just getting my foot in the door, worry with a credit app later


Do you know how many 4% cd's you can open and how long the 4% cd promotion last?

EDIT:

Checked the internet archive. This 4% promotion has been since at least mid January this year.


When I spoke to csr yesterday,she said you get 1 per account. so I assume that means you get (1) 4 month cd then in my case I may bounce the money elsewhere to chase a good yield. She also said that the CD promo had been going on for awhile and they no guidelines as to when it would end. 



>>current scores 11/11/21

EQ Fico9 754
TU Fico9 750
EX Fico9 756
EX fico 8 739
EQ Fico8 745
TU Fico 8 745
Navy score 294
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.