Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Bluebird Fraud

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Bluebird Fraud

SOOO please give me some suggestions here. I deposited $300 into my Bluebird account yesterday at Walmart and almost exactly an hour later I received an email from Bluebird thanking me for sending money to some unknown female name for the amount of $300. I AM BEYOND ANGRY! I have no idea who she is or where she lives and I SURE IN THE HELL AM NOT SENDING HER MY HARD EARNED MONEY. So I immediately contacted Bluebird. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I waited on hold for 45 min for the rep to get me to another department who acted like they couldn’t hear me and hung up. Needless to say I called back and waited on hold another hour. Transferred to another non English speaking g male who was more focused on calling the number I had on my profile that I told him was old bc I don’t use my Bluebird except every once in a blue moon. He said he was going to try and call it to verify me and put me on hold for 45 min AGAIN! I called back a 5th time and reached another useless department supposedly who handles fraud! I explained to him the issue and he said they will investigate and it will take 10 days to return my money! I CANT WAIT 10 DAYS! This is all I have until I get paid and this was not my fault! I told them specifically that this is all I have for a week bc of bills and he said there was absolutely nothing they could do until they investigate. I asked for the woman’s information who stole my money and they said all they had was a name. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE and never have I had to wait for money to be returned due to fraud outside of my control! Is there something else I can do or talk to??? I’m in tears!!!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Bluebird Fraud

Welcome to My Fico.  welcomewave (1).gif

I am sorry for your mess! Yikes..

I think I would be back up to Walmart CS and asking them to help sort that nightmare out with BB. 

I've never heard of this card so I don't know if fraud/mistakes like that are common or what.. 

So sorry!!  Sad sigh.gif

Message 2 of 22
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

That is a cash card, where you put money on it. I had one at one time but did not use it and it was a pain to move money on and off. Can you log into the website account and dispute the charge that way? I can't remember and since I no longer use this service, I don't think I can even look.

I would definitely go back to Walmart and complain to the manager. They push these cards pretty hard and should take some responsibility for something like this.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 3 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

I think I would be back up to Walmart CS and asking them to help sort that nightmare out

This would have been my first step recommended as well. You should be working with Walmart's local management or HQ to figure out what happened. It sounds like you may have an employee error or intentional theft on your hands. 

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called Walmart and they were as helpful as they could be. The only information they had for this would be to contact Bluebird unfortunately. I can tell you this much. Although she couldn’t provide me any support, it was more pleasant talking to her than it was the 4 hours I spent with Bluebird. She only could give me their phone number and wrote up a complaint to Walmart corporate. As she stated, if it was a Walmart credit card, she had a lot more pull with returning my funds.
My fear at this point is Bluebird will come up with some bs excuse and tell me it was not fraud when it outright was. About 5 min after that female (or whoever) sent themselves money I had another unknown email address try and send themselves money but it went negative .10 cents and they failed. I am so frustrated with this entire process and will be closing this account as soon or if I get a resolution. I’m thinking maybe a Better Business Bureau complaint needs to be filed at this point. What you all think?
Message 5 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Could this fraud be because of the employee handling your money? I only ask because a few years ago when i opened my Sams credit card i did that in store and very soon after i had fraud on my new card. Makes one wonder. Hope you get your moneybackSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 22
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

File a police report asap

Message 7 of 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, sorry for theft of your money and the horrible service from Amex. That you added $300 at Walmart and then less than an hour later the $300 was sent to an unknown person would seem to make the Walmart clerk a prime suspect. But not being familiar with Bluebird I looked it up & watched some of the tutorial videos. It looks like the only way to send money to a person is to be logged into the mobile app or online account on a computer. So, the prime suspect would then be someone who know your logon ID & password - does anyone other than you know your logon? Better yet, someone who knows your logon and knew you were going to add $300 to the account? I'm assuming surely you don't need to give your logon info to the clerk to add money to the account, but by any chance did you give that info to the Walmart clerk?

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely not!!! No one has my information and I haven’t used my card since September. Someone has hacked my account obviously and I’m not sure how bc like I said, I never log in (hence the reason he tried to verify my phone number that I no longer have in use that’s in my profile). Someone obviously got a hold of my login information, and that is a security breach in my opinion. NO ONE has my login and I don’t know it so I use my face recognition on my phone. With all the scamming and fraud going on there is no telling how this happened. As far as I know this could be inside job at Bluebird. You have to give them ALL your security information so why wouldn’t it be easy for ANYONE to gain access? I pretty much had to spill to them the hospital I was born in for them to even take my dispute and verify me. It’s very sickening and something needs to be done.
Message 9 of 22
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Absolutely not!!! No one has my information and I haven’t used my card since September. Someone has hacked my account obviously and I’m not sure how bc like I said, I never log in (hence the reason he tried to verify my phone number that I no longer have in use that’s in my profile). Someone obviously got a hold of my login information, and that is a security breach in my opinion. NO ONE has my login and I don’t know it so I use my face recognition on my phone. With all the scamming and fraud going on there is no telling how this happened. As far as I know this could be inside job at Bluebird. You have to give them ALL your security information so why wouldn’t it be easy for ANYONE to gain access? I pretty much had to spill to them the hospital I was born in for them to even take my dispute and verify me. It’s very sickening and something needs to be done.

I am so sorry HUGS OP Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.