cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Checking and Debit Card (MR points earning)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Checking and Debit Card (MR points earning)

@EAJuggalo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EAJuggalo I still have a few places I can't use a credit card for without a hefty fee. So there is some value there for me. I haven't heard of Paypal Key though. I might have to look into that. It would be great to have the Amex BBP. Hopefully I'll have it one day.

It's offered to verified PayPal members, you give the number to merchants and it processes as a debit card on their end.  I use it to get the auto pay discount from Verizon, and keep the cell phone insurance from the Freedom Flex.  I have not tried it for anything else since I don't have anything else that takes debit for free but charges for credit.

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Will definitely look into it. That would make getting the Verizon Visa superfluous.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo I did look into PayPal Key. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in my area yet. When I tried to set it up I got the following message.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 12.21.21 AM.png

Oh well, hopefully it will be soon.

Message 12 of 13
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EAJuggalo I did look into PayPal Key. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in my area yet. When I tried to set it up I got the following message.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 12.21.21 AM.png

Oh well, hopefully it will be soon.

It seems to be real hit or miss who is eligible and who is not.  There are reports of people living in the same house, one has no problems signing up and one it tells them it's not available in their area yet.  Some people have been unable to get it on their decades old account, but signed up for a new one and it was immediately available.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.