Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex / Discover loans

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Amex / Discover loans

What DPs do you need to qualify for Amex or Discover personal loans?  Do you find them competitive?  I don't live in the land of many in-person banking opportunities, so I'm considering other options. 

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex / Discover loans

I do believe both have pre-approval links for personal loans on their website. The DP's I've read are standard for any loan. 
You can also search "discover loans" or "Amex loans" in personal finance. This will allow you to read about others who were approved or denied based on their profile. 

Message 2 of 4
Nayola
Contributor

If you've had an American Express Card for over 9 months, I believe that you can log into your account and see what rate you pre-qualify for. 

I feel that Amex, Penfed and any other loan that you can get that does not require collateral and doesn't charge points is fairly competitive, especially if you can get it at the lower rates.  Now, once it goes into the double digits, that's another story.

I like that with Amex at least you can see what you qualify for without getting a hard pull.

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One cannot solicite Amex personal loans. You must have a preapproved offer.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.