Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Personal Loan Denied?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Amex Personal Loan Denied?

I did an AMEX personal loan previously and after paying it off they sent me another offer for a 35k loan at 0% with no fees, basically, free money. I logged in and accepted the offer and never head back from AMEX. I called them a few times and none of the customer service reps knew how to check status and said if AMEX needs anything they will contact me.

A few weeks went by and I just got a letter in the mail saying that a condition of my loan agreement was not satisfied in the designated time period as they couldn't verify my identity. This would make sense since I have my credit files locked and only unfreeze them when applying for credit. I have been trying to find contact info for this specific group and have been unsuccessful.

Is there a backdoor number I can call for reconsideration or to at least speak with someone? I don't want to let an offer like this go down the drain. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Personal Loan Denied?

Wow, 35 at 0% , no fees, that is free money, obviously to be paid. I had no idea Amex would even loan money without a low apr of some sort. Id assume they make money on the interest, even low interest. I have a pl with them at 8.99 . Holy fico a pl with no interest or fees, thats like hitting the credit lotterySmiley Wink.
Message 2 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Yep, exactly why I want to get a recon if possible. 

800+ Club
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This number might work out for you 8005671083. I received a call from this number in July asking me to verify my identity. I thought it sounded suspicious so I hung up and called the number on the back of my card. They said it was their number and transferred me to the personal loan dept to complete the call. So you could also try requesting a transfer to that dept from the main CS line.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it was jusst a glitch? Because I cannot imagine anyone handing out a loan for 0%, regardless of score. There's no incentive there for them, that is a lot of cash not to get a return on. I think it highly doubtfull they'll let you recon.

Message 5 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

It def not a glitch. I assume I got the offer with them as I have 3 AMEX cards that put about 40k in charges through monthly with them currently and have a significant portion of money in an AMEX high yield savings account. They send me aggressive offers all the time. 

800+ Club
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Op, any chance you have a Centurian card?
Message 7 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Yes, one of them is. 

800+ Club
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.