Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Personal Loan

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Personal Loan

Thanks Ric, Jen, and JoeSmiley Happy

Wow Joe, that is crazy indeed. Im still blown away. I cant recall, but it said apr no higher than 8. something%

I wish my Dad could get something like this. Cant wait to tell him.
Message 11 of 75
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Wow Joe, that is crazy indeed. Im still blown away. I cant recall, but it said apr no higher than 8. something%

@Anonymous give me the same APR as yours. But with BBVA I got a better rate Smiley Happy I got a preapproval up to 50K @ 7.59 for 36 months if i have a banking account with them I will save 1% so it makes it 6.59 Smiley Happy .  CONGRATS AGAIN D Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally pre qualified for the elusive Amex personal loan. Cant believe it. All my hard work with my second life with Amex, pif mentality, ontime payments, taking care of my credit, seems to finally help me.

Always get no offers and super quick answer. Today checking rates took longer than normal and when it came back i felt just like when i got back in with Amex last yearSmiley Happy. Was shocked to see up to 25k! Just wanted to share this with my fico fam, i owe so much to this forum and great community of peopleSmiley Happy Thank you all!

Congrats! AJC. Couldn't happen to a better guy. (you are a guy, right? lol #internet)

Message 13 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally pre qualified for the elusive Amex personal loan. Cant believe it. All my hard work with my second life with Amex, pif mentality, ontime payments, taking care of my credit, seems to finally help me.

Always get no offers and super quick answer. Today checking rates took longer than normal and when it came back i felt just like when i got back in with Amex last yearSmiley Happy. Was shocked to see up to 25k! Just wanted to share this with my fico fam, i owe so much to this forum and great community of peopleSmiley Happy Thank you all!

Congrats! AJC. Couldn't happen to a better guy. (you are a guy, right? lol #internet)

Lol, yeah sure am. Appreciate it JamesSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous give me the same APR as yours. But with BBVA I got a better rate Smiley Happy I got a preapproval up to 50K @ 7.59 for 36 months if i have a banking account with them I will save 1% so it makes it 6.59 Smiley Happy .  CONGRATS AGAIN D Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe. Yeah your BBVA rate is awesome. How much did you take if you dont mind sharing?

Message 15 of 75
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Thanks Joe. Yeah your BBVA rate is awesome. How much did you take if you dont mind sharing?

I had not made my mind up yet on how much but i am thinking about 20 to 30K here's a photo of 20KBBVA 20K.jpg

Message 16 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

I had not made my mind up yet on how much but i am thinking about 20 to 30K here's a photo of 20KBBVA 20K.jpg

Interesting they offer up to 72 months. I guess the good thing of a 3 year loan is it gets paid faster.  Hope it helps and good luck with your decisionSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

AjC!!!! That is some exciting news!!! I really could understand how that would feel like a great defeated achievement. It shows the hard work pays off. Plus, like you said, this can take your credit to a whole new level. I'm very happy for you!
Message 18 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take the loan quick before they fix the computer glitchSmiley Wink  Congrats AJC!

Message 19 of 75
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Whoo-hoo, huge congrats, @AverageJoesCreditscreamer.gif

Just a quick note not to be surprised if the offer terms change month-to-month... my own "maximum loan amount" has been as high as $21k and as low as $7k (and all in-between) this year.  It seems to possibly (?) be tied to how much I spend, with the months when my statement balance is higher my "max" loan amount seems to be higher as well, which seems odd; it's also possible that my observation is only coincidence.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my case this won't ever be an issue, since if I were to take them up on another loan it would be for an amount well within the lower of the offers I've received, but it's still nice to see the higher number.   Smiley Happy

Finally, I'll add that my experience with them last year was fantastic... I applied late in the afternoon, and the funds were in my checking account the next morning; I think it was something like 12-13 hours later.  Smiley Surprised 

Again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.