Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Personal Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Personal Loan

I love Amex! Logged in today and a message pops up ...you have been preapproved for a loan up to $10k @ 8%. I thought I will try it. Only 5 clicks and Bammm. Your funds will be deposited in your account...i got the message. $230 payment for 36 months. I only wanted $7500. Will use to pay a 21% CC with 53.

Cheers 

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Personal Loan

Congrats!!
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 36
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah their process is so easy a caveman can do itSmiley Wink. Just have to have an offer. Enjoy your loanSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 36
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I wish they'd contact me to offer a loan.  Send me some love, Amex.  Smiley Happy

All they do is throw their platinum card at me. 

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 6 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@McNugget

Usually it takes about a year relationship, ymmv, when offers may become available. When you are logged into Amex, all you need to do is check lending options, ie like checking for prequals on ccs. You will see Personal Loans and there you can see if you have any offers. It will ssy not at this time or if you are eligble, you will see it there. You have to have an offer to apply for one but it doesnt hurt to check here every once in awhile . This is where i saw mine. I wouldnt expect an offer to be sent to you unless you are a very profitable customer. Good luck, it will happen, sincerely AJC McLuvinSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 36
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Not to mention there’s no hard pull! I was approved for a $3,500 loan, which is EXACTLY the amount I wanted. I’ve had a relationship with AMEX for a little over a year, and this is the first time I’ve ever seen any offers for a loan.

Quick question: this will post to your credit reports, right? It said something about not affecting your credit, but I’m assuming that was regarding the hard pull.
I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 8 of 36
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Congrats! There should be a DP thread on amex loans.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 9 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on loan. Yes this will report to all 3 bureaus as a personal loan, not a revolving accountSmiley Happy.
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.