Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Personal Loan

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Personal Loan

Ooh, I wish they would offer me a loan. Congrats!

Message 11 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Hmm Amex just offered me 7800 at 8.98 for 36mo... slightly tempting to deal with a small issue.. but i can wait a bit...

-J

Message 12 of 36
Openwater
Established Contributor

Big congrats! Funny how things work out! I just joined the AMEX family 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to offers like that to handle little things here and there and establish better relationships. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 13 of 36
601flyguy
Established Contributor

@joltdude This is what I thought the first time I saw a personal loan offer. I haven't received a personal offer since. Use it or lose it lol.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 14 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The offers come and go.. some of my earlier offers were very low (not a useful amount) and/or at a joke APR...

I have no idea how they figure out what to offer....

Message 15 of 36
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on loan. Yes this will report to all 3 bureaus as a personal loan, not a revolving accountSmiley Happy.

I figured, but had to ask! This won't affect my ability for a CLI in 2 months, will it? My one and only CLI with AMEX was back on 9/12/19. I mean other factors might, but I'm just asking specifically about aquiring the loan with AMEX. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 16 of 36
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but I noticed that recently the Consumer Finance Account code showed up as a reason for my EX Fico 2 being low(720). I'm not currently in the market for a mortgage loan so not troubling me too much but as far as I can tell this Amex personal loan is the only thing that would be making that appear there. Never used Affirm or financed any items from a retailer.

Just a word of caution if anyone is being careful about avoiding CFAs. If anyone else who has a personal loan through Amex open wants to chime in with DPs suggesting maybe I'm wrong here I bet they would be appreciated.

Message 17 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My loan didnt show up as a CFA but then again , my scores dont rise and one of my previous loans may act as one?.

Queen, this shouldnt affect your cli requests unless your obligations to Amex become too high in relation to your income.
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit Did you specifically check EX2 and do you have less than four reason codes there? (So we know it wasn’t pushed off.)
Message 19 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry @Anonymous, in regards to? Im a little slow todaySmiley Wink
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.