Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex nextstep

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex nextstep

I received a 10k popup then when I clicked through it was 15k.
Message 11 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
I log into my amex account today and get offered a pre-approved "nextsteps" consolidation loan by amex.. 8.9% rate, up to 25k, they send the funds direct to other credit cards with no fees at all no prepay and no origination. Faq said it would not even show up on my reports unless I default and payments are fixed with 3 payment schedule options. I've never seen this amex product before and no search results were found when I searched. Anyone?

I am admittedly carrying a large debt load right now renovating a home I'll sell next month, my scores have gone down quite a bit due to the new balances but I won't go over 50% total util. Maybe the new debt triggered it. They are also offering me a 50k plat upgrade on my BRG and send me merchant financing offers all the time, so I'm guessing I'm good with amex. I'm almost interested to accept just to see how/if it reports.

Ok so dear mom lost her Amex EDP so I login to request a replacement.

Low and behold I see the Next Step Loan pop up for 25K at 7.99...I'm like what the????? Amex really

So I go to google and not much, then found this thread. Called mom to ask if I can experiment. She said go on, _____ go on, just dont apply for any cards for me.

@Anonymous I ask what balance she has, said 4K on Discover I'm like ok. So I plug in the info and APPROVED ( not like I expected any other outcome) Printed loan docs, signed electronically. 4K @ 7.99 12 months (will pay it off way before then). So far no hits to credit it went really smotth and easy shows in account as Next step loan up in the corner where cards are listed.

Next Step Loan.png

NS Loan approval.png

≤.                              !!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy NOIIICE Smiley Very Happy!!!!!       ≥

Message 12 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

This offer popped up on my OBC yesterday, but when I click through all I get is 

Thank you for considering a NextStepSM Loan.
Unfortunately, we are unable to pre-approve you for a NextStepSM Loan at this time.

So, despite being pre-approved they are unable to pre-approve me Smiley Mad

Wow... that sucks.

Message 13 of 98
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I was actually in a bit of a hurry when I got the pop-up, but now when I go back into my account info on the loan is nowhere to be found.  Smiley Sad

If anybody is able to locate a link to get more info please let me know where you found it... I would like to give this another look.

Message 14 of 98
Aahz
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I was actually in a bit of a hurry when I got the pop-up, but now when I go back into my account info on the loan is nowhere to be found.  Smiley Sad

If anybody is able to locate a link to get more info please let me know where you found it... I would like to give this another look.

After I skipped through the pop-up too quickly I found "Consolidate Credit Card Debt" as the top Offer in my AMEX Offers section.  The link leads to-

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/next-step-loans/?offercode=NSS6COREW1&intlink=myca_accounthub_alr...

Message 15 of 98
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aahz wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

After I skipped through the pop-up too quickly I found "Consolidate Credit Card Debt" as the top Offer in my AMEX Offers section.  The link leads to-

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/next-step-loans/?offercode=NSS6COREW1&intlink=myca_accounthub_alr...

Ah... I was able to find it there as well - thanks for the heads-up!  Smiley Very Happy

Your link worked for me as well... when I clicked the link, I was prompted to log in and I was then taken to my offer:

nextstep.jpg

Message 16 of 98
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Linked worked for me. Declined me Smiley Very Happy My EX score is in the toilet right now compared to my others.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 17 of 98
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

No HP on EX though correct?
Message 18 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

that link worked for my wife too.
Message 19 of 98
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
No HP on EX though correct?

Dear Mom did not receive one today...her experian score shoed on the website in her account as 9/8 so maybe they used that one. When I went for her's. I have not offers on my own (delta) card I looked after I did her's.

But it also states in the terms and cond. it will not affect your credit to apply.

I can't wait to see how many days it takes to disburse the loan, states 3-5. I'll check discover on Friday to see if they got paid off yet.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.