cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex nextstep

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Next Step Loans??? Anyone else? 10K Pre-Approved?

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I have an offer as well; my offer is for $5k at 9.89%.  Once someone reports back that it definitely reports to all three credit bureaus as an installment loan, I'm probably going to give it a try even though I don't need to consolidate anything (all my balances are on 0% promos).

I'm 'dinged' on my EQ for not having an installment account reporting, and in the spring my old PIF installment accounts that are still reporting to EX and TU will age off making my score drop 20-30 points (which is how much lower my EQ currently is with the only difference being the lack of installment history). 

IMO taking out a loan this way even for a few months would be less paperwork and hassle than starting a new CU relationship and getting a share-secured loan.

When did you see yours? I saw mine today but when I cick on "start now" it says Offer No Longer Available Smiley Sad I guess it was a fluke for me... 

I got a pop-up a few days ago when I clicked to look at my BCP.  Since then I've had a banner a couple of times, but I haven't gotten the pop-up again. 

There's another thread with a link you can follow that works if you're pre-approved, or in my case on my BCP mixed in with my other random Amex Offers there's an "offer" for this loan - when you click the button there it also takes you back to the same screen the pop-up led to.

I'll try to locate that link and post it on this thread as well.  Come to think of it, that thread might be better off merged here with this one - I'll have a moderator check into that.

Message 51 of 98
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As promised... from the other thread:

@Aahz wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I was actually in a bit of a hurry when I got the pop-up, but now when I go back into my account info on the loan is nowhere to be found.  Smiley Sad

If anybody is able to locate a link to get more info please let me know where you found it... I would like to give this another look.

After I skipped through the pop-up too quickly I found "Consolidate Credit Card Debt" as the top Offer in my AMEX Offers section.  The link leads to-

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/next-step-loans/?offercode=NSS6COREW1&intlink=myca_accounthub_alr...

Message 52 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but it shows 400 Bad Request Error Message, I think they made a mistake for me and offered it when they werent supposed to Smiley Tongue I'll try to call on Monday and ask. Thanks!!!!

@UncleB wrote:

As promised... from the other thread:

@Aahz wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I was actually in a bit of a hurry when I got the pop-up, but now when I go back into my account info on the loan is nowhere to be found.  Smiley Sad

If anybody is able to locate a link to get more info please let me know where you found it... I would like to give this another look.

After I skipped through the pop-up too quickly I found "Consolidate Credit Card Debt" as the top Offer in my AMEX Offers section.  The link leads to-

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/next-step-loans/?offercode=NSS6COREW1&intlink=myca_accounthub_alr...

Message 53 of 98
Girac
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex nextstep

I received the popup for 25K at 12.something APR, quickly searched MyFico and ran across this thread. I read the FAQs and applied then received this message.

Lets see what they are looking for.

Thanks, *****. We've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now.

We'll process your application as soon as possible and let you know if we need any additional information.

Message 54 of 98
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

thanks for posting your experience, how much did you try to transfer over?

@Girac wrote:

I received the popup for 25K at 12.something APR, quickly searched MyFico and ran across this thread. I read the FAQs and applied then received this message.

Lets see what they are looking for.

Thanks, *****. We've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now.

We'll process your application as soon as possible and let you know if we need any additional information.

Message 55 of 98
Girac
Regular Contributor

Should have menioned in my post. I tried to transfer 12K over. so far I have no email from Amex.

Message 56 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I logged into BCP this morning, nothing popped up on that account in reference to this.

When I clicked over to my Amex Delta account, an offer popped up for $20,000 pre-approval at 6.88%. That APR sounded pretty good, and thought I would just check it out.

When I clicked on start now after receiving the pre-approval message, it said, unfortunately, we cannot pre-approve you at this time.

Hm...... after a pop-up message saying you've been preapproved (not preselected, but preapproved)? Amex must be playing April Fool's jokes in September. Weird.

Message 57 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I have an offer as well; my offer is for $5k at 9.89%.  Once someone reports back that it definitely reports to all three credit bureaus as an installment loan, I'm probably going to give it a try even though I don't need to consolidate anything (all my balances are on 0% promos).

I'm 'dinged' on my EQ for not having an installment account reporting, and in the spring my old PIF installment accounts that are still reporting to EX and TU will age off making my score drop 20-30 points (which is how much lower my EQ currently is with the only difference being the lack of installment history). 

IMO taking out a loan this way even for a few months would be less paperwork and hassle than starting a new CU relationship and getting a share-secured loan.

When did you see yours? I saw mine today but when I cick on "start now" it says Offer No Longer Available Smiley Sad I guess it was a fluke for me... 

I got a pop-up a few days ago when I clicked to look at my BCP.  Since then I've had a banner a couple of times, but I haven't gotten the pop-up again. 

There's another thread with a link you can follow that works if you're pre-approved, or in my case on my BCP mixed in with my other random Amex Offers there's an "offer" for this loan - when you click the button there it also takes you back to the same screen the pop-up led to.

I'll try to locate that link and post it on this thread as well.  Come to think of it, that thread might be better off merged here with this one - I'll have a moderator check into that.

why not do a shared secure through alliant? fast, painless process, did mine all by email.

Message 58 of 98
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I logged into BCP this morning, nothing popped up on that account in reference to this.

When I clicked over to my Amex Delta account, an offer popped up for $20,000 pre-approval at 6.88%. That APR sounded pretty good, and thought I would just check it out.

When I clicked on start now after receiving the pre-approval message, it said, unfortunately, we cannot pre-approve you at this time.

Hm...... after a pop-up message saying you've been preapproved (not preselected, but preapproved)? Amex must be playing April Fool's jokes in September. Weird.

AMEX sux anymore.    :[

Message 59 of 98
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

why not do a shared secure through alliant? fast, painless process, did mine all by email.

I agree the share secured loan is a good deal (and easy) but if this works as advertised it would be even easier, and wouldn't require another CU relationship. 

Not that having multiple CU relationships is bad... I'm just trying to keep things as simple as possible.  Also, in my case the share secured loan would literally be the only product of Alliant I would be interested in, and I would almost feel 'guilty' on gaining membership only for that. (note the 'almost'... LOL)

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.