Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andigo credit union,IL data points ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andigo credit union,IL data points ?

So there is this credit union called Andigo , in IL(formerly known as MECU). They are offering 150+150 referral bonus for opening an account with them and setting up direct deposits of 500+ every month for 3 months. Both the referred and the referee each get 150 bonus. One can get up to 450$ Bonus. Their website advertises it BIG time. However their membership application process appears to be slow. I guess i am spoiled by penfed, NFCU and consumers .LOL. I opened an account through a referral link given to me by a member (someone from online, i dont know them personally) ,and I spoke to some one from andigo on the phone few days ago about my application. They asked me the referee member name and my details etc.and asked me to send them my id documents and assured me they are personally handling my case and will update. And so far have not heard anything back. They even mentioned that they are getting a LOT of applications due to the referral bonus advertisement. Anyone can become a member by donating 15$ to connectVETs.com

here is the link to their website and referral bonus advertisement.

http://www.andigo.org/Promotions/member-referral

They should definitely be prepared to handle the effects of  their inviting advertisement and generous bonus. LOL

Is there any data points on this credit union ? Any one a member?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Andigo credit union,IL data points ?

@Anonymous wrote:

So there is this credit union called Andigo , in IL(formerly known as MECU). They are offering 150+150 referral bonus for opening an account with them and setting up direct deposits of 500+ every month for 3 months. Both the referred and the referee each get 150 bonus. One can get up to 450$ Bonus. Their website advertises it BIG time. However their membership application process appears to be slow. I guess i am spoiled by penfed, NFCU and consumers .LOL. I opened an account through a referral link given to me by a member (someone from online, i dont know them personally) ,and I spoke to some one from andigo on the phone few days ago about my application. They asked me the referee member name and my details etc.and asked me to send them my id documents and assured me they are personally handling my case and will update. And so far have not heard anything back. They even mentioned that they are getting a LOT of applications due to the referral bonus advertisement. Anyone can become a member by donating 15$ to connectVETs.com

They should definitely be prepared to handle the effects of  their inviting advertisement and generous bonus. LOL

I'm a member. The people I've dealt with are very nice. Its website is a little bit limited. E.g., doesn't have a link for online balance transfers, although I can easily do online balance transfers by sending a secure message. And sometimes the credit card history link will work in Chrome but not in Firefox.

If you like personal service, I would say they're ok.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a member. The people I've dealt with are very nice. Its website is a little bit limited. E.g., doesn't have a link for online balance transfers, although I can easily do online balance transfers by sending a secure message. And sometimes the credit card history link will work in Chrome but not in Firefox.

If you like personal service, I would say they're ok.

Thanks Southjamaica. They do appear to be a good Cu with good customer service . Hopefully i will be able to set up my account soon . Still waiting to hear back from them though.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally i became a member today. i will call them and find out about the referral bonus details. and since i used the referral link i should receive 150 bonus after direct depositing 500$  and i will also refer my husband , (it says friends and family) and perhaps can earn up to 300$ plus him 150$. lets see how it goes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok just now spoke to them. For referral bonus , all i have to do is direct deposit 500 each month for 3 months.Thats all. No minimum balance or daily balance maintainance requirement for their checking. Tomorrow i will refer my husband and set up an account for him.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their visa platinum cash back is offering 2% till dec 2017 on all purchases ( i know not a big deal) BUT also offering 1.99% for balance transfer ( no fee) & cash advances ( no fee) until Dec 2018 ! Thats what 16 months? I think thats pretty cool deal. I applied and waiting to hear back from them . Lets see 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.