Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 4% or more savings accounts?

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Any 4% or more savings accounts?

So I did some research online, I was looking for high interest SAVINGS 4% or more. The credit unions below are open to anybody. Any more banks or CU? Im looking for accounts that DO NOT require debit transations.

DCU

- 6% interest on savings up to $1,000

- $5 per month in interest 

- soft pull

BECU: 

- 6% interest on savings up to $500 then blended rate

- 4% interest on checking up to $500 then blended rate

- $4 per month in interest

- Out of state eligibility via North West CU Foundation 

(https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/BECU-Eligibility-Question/td-p/5465798)

*some members had issues with eligibility

- soft pull

St Marrys Bank

- 5% interest on first $499 then blended rate

- $2 per month in interest

- no fees but must deposit $25 per month and limitted to one withdraw

Premier Members CU

- 4% interest up to $2,000* then blended rate

- $6 per month in interest

- soft or hard pull

Credit Union of New Jersey

- 3.6%  interest on savings up to $1,000*

- $3 per month in interest

- Eligibility via Credit Union of New Jersey Foundation

*Advertised as 7.5% interest on savings up to $500 but you have to keep $1,000 to avoid $10/fee so essencially 3.6%

Blue FCU

- 5% interest on savings up to $1,000*

*0% interest if balance is over $1,000 so if you keep $1,001, you earn $0.00 per month

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Any 4% or more savings accounts?

Oooh! Didn’t know about that last one! Following...

Message 2 of 51
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Just checked Premier and they have the following criteria:

“Each month, you’ll qualify to Earn Big when you meet the following criteria:
- Have direct deposit of at least $500#
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Use your debit card at least 25 times (ATM transactions don’t count)”

https://www.pmcu.org/personal/checking-and-savings/checking/

Message 3 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

PMCU is for their money market account. Thanks for the heads up, I was aware of the 4% APY checking but that has caveats. Maybe I’ll think about opening an account with them since they’re local-ish. 

https://www.pmcu.org/personal/checking-and-savings/money-market/

I would put an asterisk next to BECU since they really don’t like out of state members and will tell you as much when you call them. 

Message 4 of 51
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PMCU is for their money market account. Thanks for the heads up, I was aware of the 4% APY checking but that has caveats. Maybe I’ll think about opening an account with them since they’re local-ish. 

I would put an asterisk next to BECU since they really don’t like out of state members and will tell you as much when you call them. 

Yup Smiley Happy. I updated BECU with a link to the thread in here. 

Message 5 of 51
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I missed that one....sweet!! Doesn't look like there's any catch then, right? Ugh, I have so many bank accounts lol.

Message 6 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I missed that one....sweet!! Doesn't look like there's any catch then, right? Ugh, I have so many bank accounts lol.

On the surface it looks okay but they bury their disclosures in a link at the very bottom of the page and I don’t really like that...

https://www.pmcu.org/disclosures/

It’s a bit too much for me to be bothered with reading right now as the member service agreement is a whopping 38 pages of legalese...

Message 7 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the PMCU money market account and love it. Also FYI, there is a referral bonus that if used both parties receive $50. We are not allowed to share referrals here, but DoC has a referrals page.
Message 8 of 51
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Green456 for info. My impressions:

BECU:

- 6% interest on savings up to $500

- 4% interest on checking* up to $500

- Eligibility via North West CU Foundation (few members had issues)

- As noted they really don't like out of state members, and doesn't seem to me worth the bother for 4 bucks a month

Blue FCU

- 5% interest on savings up to $1,000

- Very, very sensitive to Chex inquiries, reportedly more than 3 inquiries in the last 6 months gets you denied. And again, worth the bother for 4 bucks a month?

Credit Union of New Jersey

- 7.5% interest on savings up to $500

- $3 per month in interest

- Looks like you have to keep $1,000 to avoid $10/fee??? Two games I won't play is the debit card usage requirement or minimum balance.

DCU

- 6% interest on savings up to $1,000

- $5 per month in interest

- I've been with DCU since Fall 2017, very easy to join ($5 donation required if out of their geo location) and a nice rainy day fund

Premier Members CU

- 4% interest up to $2,000

- $8 per month in interest

- I've also been with them since 2017, very easy to join ($5 donation required if out of their geo location) and a nice rainy day fund. Their checking account has too many requirements to be worth it for me. As noted check Doctor of Credit for a referral code, they & you get $50 each .

Message 9 of 51
Green456
Established Contributor

Premier Members CU

- 4% interest up to $2,000

- $8 per month in interest

- I've also been with them since 2017, very easy to join ($5 donation required if out of their geo location) and a nice rainy day fund. Their checking account has too many requirements to be worth it for me. As noted check Doctor of Credit for a referral code, they & you get $50 each .

Was that hard or soft pull for you. And thank you on the input on the other CUs.

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.