Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any credit union recommendations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any credit union recommendations?

I know of Penfed and I don't qualify for NavyFed.

What are some others?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Any credit union recommendations?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know of Penfed and I don't qualify for NavyFed.

What are some others?

In the first place, you can usually find the best credit unions by looking at what's local in your state.  It seems to me that the more restricted the credit union the juicier the deals.  So my first step would be to see if there are any good credit unions limited to people who "live, work, worship, volunteer, or study" where you do or who are employed by your "employer".  Then check out their websites and see what their credit and banking terms are.

If you want to know some good credit unions that are pretty much open to everybody, I can suggest Alliant CU, Affinity FCU, Digital FCU, Unify FCU, Chartway FCU, Consumers CU (Illinois), Evansville Teachers FCU, and Langley FCU. 

But you should also shop credit unions based on what you're looking for.... savings rate, no fee credit cards, mortgage, auto loan, etc.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaicadoes Langley do a hard pull when you join them? I was thinking about joining them.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
@SouthJamaicados Langley do a hard pull when you join them? I was thinking about joining them.

I don't know.

What I usually do before joining a credit union is email them and ask that very question. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 6
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Ok. Thanks.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 6
stw715
Regular Contributor

Long discussions of CUs...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Favorite-CUs-and-why-please/td-p/5968162

Comprehensive list of CUs from post 10, just beware the infos maybe out of date, double check/search any particular CU before proceed...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1ncvRL8KnnBrcAU2IjjhyYGqapkZydOttdjqT0r9dKIk/htmlview#gid...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.