cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU? - Joined (Aug)

spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


Thank you for sharing, that is just excellent.  You don't have many new accounts either do you? 

That one is on my list!


| |

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
12-24-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k - All No PG || PG Accounts: AMEX Biz Gold NPSL | AMEX Biz Plat NPSL | AMEX Blue Cash and Plus Cards
Message 81 of 129
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


Thank you for sharing, that is just excellent.  You don't have many new accounts either do you? 

That one is on my list!


Correct I'm 0/12. 3/12 for inquiries because US Bank and Elan both pulled EX as well. 





Message 82 of 129
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


On the rare occasions I've had to actually deal with someone there, I've found them to be good.

 

But I have found them to be very conservative in terms of underwriting.

 

 


Total revolving limits 663000 (585000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 742 EX 713

Message 83 of 129
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


On the rare occasions I've had to actually deal with someone there, I've found them to be good.

 

But I have found them to be very conservative in terms of underwriting.

 

 


$7500 is actually pretty reasonable for my profile. I'm not at all unhappy with that result. It's around 40% of my annual income and is $300 more than NFCU gave me on my second card approval. I'm not expecting it to grow past my annual income like NFCU did but it's one of my higher approvals (only Disco, Synchrony, and Capital One matched or exceeded it). 





Message 84 of 129
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@Saeren wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


On the rare occasions I've had to actually deal with someone there, I've found them to be good.

 

But I have found them to be very conservative in terms of underwriting.

 

 


$7500 is actually pretty reasonable for my profile. I'm not at all unhappy with that result. It's around 40% of my annual income and is $300 more than NFCU gave me on my second card approval. I'm not expecting it to grow past my annual income like NFCU did but it's one of my higher approvals (only Disco, Synchrony, and Capital One matched or exceeded it). 


They gave me an opening credit limit of 2k.  Despite a perfect record, it took me around 2 or 3 years to get it upped to 10k.  That was 2 or 3 years ago and I'm still stuck at 10k.

 

 


Total revolving limits 663000 (585000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 742 EX 713

Message 85 of 129
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


On the rare occasions I've had to actually deal with someone there, I've found them to be good.

 

But I have found them to be very conservative in terms of underwriting.

 

 


$7500 is actually pretty reasonable for my profile. I'm not at all unhappy with that result. It's around 40% of my annual income and is $300 more than NFCU gave me on my second card approval. I'm not expecting it to grow past my annual income like NFCU did but it's one of my higher approvals (only Disco, Synchrony, and Capital One matched or exceeded it). 


They gave me an opening credit limit of 2k.  Despite a perfect record, it took me around 2 or 3 years to get it upped to 10k.  That was 2 or 3 years ago and I'm still stuck at 10k.

 

 


Maybe they are going through an expansion period right now. I have noticed that they go back and forth like PenFed does. 





Message 86 of 129
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@Saeren wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I just got a good chuckle. I got an email that I was approved for $25K pending POI. I was like wait a minute, that's not right let me call. Just FYI when they are asking for income, they want your monthly income, not your annual. 😂 

 

I called and spoke to a real friendly rep and we both got a laugh about the mistake. Took her like a minute to recalculate and I was approved for $7500 @ 12.5% (their lowest APR). It's funny because when I was about to make the call, I was thinking what limit would have been more about what I expected and that was exactly the number I had in my head. 

So far I'm pretty impressed with the service. I think I will be very happy with this CU. Smiley Happy


On the rare occasions I've had to actually deal with someone there, I've found them to be good.

 

But I have found them to be very conservative in terms of underwriting.

 

 


$7500 is actually pretty reasonable for my profile. I'm not at all unhappy with that result. It's around 40% of my annual income and is $300 more than NFCU gave me on my second card approval. I'm not expecting it to grow past my annual income like NFCU did but it's one of my higher approvals (only Disco, Synchrony, and Capital One matched or exceeded it). 


They gave me an opening credit limit of 2k.  Despite a perfect record, it took me around 2 or 3 years to get it upped to 10k.  That was 2 or 3 years ago and I'm still stuck at 10k.

 

 


Maybe they are going through an expansion period right now. I have noticed that they go back and forth like PenFed does. 


That would be nice Smiley Happy


Total revolving limits 663000 (585000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 742 EX 713

Message 87 of 129
Credit4Growth
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?

I did read ocheosa's post. Does anyone have recent experience applying for their business CC or LOC?
@ocheosa what was your approval amount and apr?
|| DTI 8% || Mortgage Scores: EQ724, Tu694, EX726 ||
Inquiries: EQ/TU/EX (0 / 2 / 1) - 0/6 - 0/12 - 3/24 ||


Next App on the list is ???
Last apps: (2) August 18, 2019
Garden goal - Unknown date, 2021
Going for Sapphire spade - May 18th 2021

Dirty/ Thick/ Aged/
Message 88 of 129
ocheosa
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@Credit4Growth wrote:
I did read ocheosa's post. Does anyone have recent experience applying for their business CC or LOC?
@ocheosawhat was your approval amount and apr?

@Credit4Growth 

8/2020 Opened Business Checking
- Business CC denied, no business credit history and new customer of bank.
12/2/2020 EX HP
Cash Rewards Visa Signature $15k @12.50%
Online APP, Instant Approval, No POI
12/5/2020 Used same HP from CC App
PLOC $10k @9.75%
Phone APP, Instant Approval, No POI
- Opened Free CB Debit Checking, LOC works with the checking Account. Either transfer funds directly from LOC to checking, or write a check.

Affinity FCU: Cash Rewards VS, PLOC. AOD FCU VS. BB&T Bright. BBVA: ClearPoints (x2), Rewards VS. Cap One: QS MC, QS Visa, SavorOne, Walmart. Discover it CB. DSNB: Bloomies Amex, Macy's Amex. NFCU: cashRewards VS, Plat MC, Plat Visa, CLOC. SECU MD VS. WF Propel Amex. Misc: Overstock, Target. Ongoing: SP CLI's.
Business: Staples LOC. Office Depot. Quill. Amazon.
[6/21] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 6, EX 7, TU 1. AAoA=5y, AoOA=34y, AoYA=6m.
TCL=$286K. GOAL: Garden til 1/2022.
Message 89 of 129
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

 


They gave me an opening credit limit of 2k.  Despite a perfect record, it took me around 2 or 3 years to get it upped to 10k.  That was 2 or 3 years ago and I'm still stuck at 10k.

 


Huh, that's interesting to note. How do CLIs work with them? Were they auto or do you request? I never thought to ask about that. I noticed they have a loan suite but the CCs aren't there like with DCU.





Message 90 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.