cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU? - Joined (Aug)

Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?

@ocheosa wrote:

@Credit4Growth wrote:
I did read ocheosa's post. Does anyone have recent experience applying for their business CC or LOC?
@ocheosawhat was your approval amount and apr?

@Credit4Growth 

8/2020 Opened Business Checking
- Business CC denied, no business credit history and new customer of bank.
12/2/2020 EX HP
Cash Rewards Visa Signature $15k @12.50%
Online APP, Instant Approval, No POI
12/5/2020 Used same HP from CC App
PLOC $10k @9.75%
Phone APP, Instant Approval, No POI
- Opened Free CB Debit Checking, LOC works with the checking Account. Either transfer funds directly from LOC to checking, or write a check.

@ocheosa would you mind telling us how many inquiries & new account you had on record at that time in the preceding 6, 12 and 24 months? Thanks! And congratulations!

Message 131 of 135
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU?

@Birdman7 wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Credit4Growth wrote:
I did read ocheosa's post. Does anyone have recent experience applying for their business CC or LOC?
@ocheosawhat was your approval amount and apr?

@Credit4Growth 

8/2020 Opened Business Checking
- Business CC denied, no business credit history and new customer of bank.
12/2/2020 EX HP
Cash Rewards Visa Signature $15k @12.50%
Online APP, Instant Approval, No POI
12/5/2020 Used same HP from CC App
PLOC $10k @9.75%
Phone APP, Instant Approval, No POI
- Opened Free CB Debit Checking, LOC works with the checking Account. Either transfer funds directly from LOC to checking, or write a check.

@ocheosa would you mind telling us how many inquiries & new account you had on record at that time in the preceding 6, 12 and 24 months? Thanks! And congratulations!

Hi @Birdman7 , Sure -

New Accts: 0/6, 5/12, 11/24
EX Inq: 3/6*, 6/12, 14/24 

* includes AFCU business inquiry

[9/21] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 6, EX 8, TU 1. AAoA=5y, AoOA=34y, AoYA=9m.
Personal TCL: $296K. Affinity FCU: Cash Rewards VS, PLOC. AOD FCU VS. BB&T Bright. BBVA: ClearPoints (x2), Rewards VS. Cap One: QS MC, QS Visa, SavorOne, Walmart. Discover it CB. DSNB: Bloomies Amex, Macy's Amex. NFCU: cashRewards VS, Plat MC, Plat Visa, CLOC. SECU MD VS. WF Propel. Misc: Overstock, Target.

Business TCL: $24K. 2021-22 Project: Business Profile. AoYA=3m
AmEx: Amazon Prime, Lowe's. FNBO Evergreen. Staples LOC. Quill Net30. Uline. Office Depot.
Message 132 of 135
Disregard
Established Member

Re: Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU? - Joined (Aug)

Has anyone with a BK on file tried to apply for any credit products through this CU?

Not finding much info on this.

Message 133 of 135
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Disregard wrote:

Has anyone with a BK on file tried to apply for any credit products through this CU?

Not finding much info on this.

I successfully acquired the Signature card (for $10k) with my BK7 from 2012 still on my reports.  I'm not sure how much time they may want to see since filing a BK, but they will approve those with a BK!

Message 134 of 135
Disregard
Established Member

I decided to reach out through their live chat and this is the reply I received (for what it's worth, she did have to take some time to research this):

"You will need to have 12 months of re-established credit after your discharged BK."

They wouldn't offer any more info than that but it looks like you just need to be a year out of discharge before applying for any of their credit products.

Message 135 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.