cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU? - Joined (Aug)

tag
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Joining Affinity Federal Credit Union

5% cb at any bookstore?  I'm not looking for any more new credit right now, but, man, it's like this card was made for me.  Browsing used bookstores was my most expensive vice in the before times. Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 135
minski
Established Contributor

@Anonymous

Same as KLEXH25. I was not asked for the requested limit. Am waiting to hear back from them right now.

I got a welcome email and account number (already points to Affinity over AOD and ETFCU, neither of whom gave me account number separately and required me to hunt for it). I hope this means I won't be rejected for being out of geo-fence even though I paid the $5 donation.
Message 42 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my affinity visa signature today, it still hasn't shown on my reports but that'll probably take a few weeks. Cheers! Now to garden for the lucrative US bank cash+.

Message 43 of 135
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

No update yet...it's killing me lol. I sent a chat today and I was told it's still being reviewed by their underwriters. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

Message 44 of 135
minski
Established Contributor

No emails, no calls and wasn't on the online account when I checked yesterday. The checking and savings accounts were. I too am curious. I wouldn't be terribly upset if denied because I am trying to limit number of cards but 5% back on Amazon all year round would be nice instead of 3-6 months with Discovee and Chase.
Message 45 of 135
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Got an email a little while ago and I was approved for $12,300! My biggest SL to date (& second highest CL currently). I just need to provide copies of my last two paystubs, which may take me a couple of days to get. I will post in Approvals soon...not sure about APR.

@minski I'm confident you'll get an approval soon. Check your email!

Message 46 of 135
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Got an email a little while ago and I was approved for $12,300! My biggest SL to date (& second highest CL currently). I just need to provide copies of my last two paystubs, which may take me a couple of days to get. I will post in Approvals soon...not sure about APR.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 47 of 135
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved with a $5k SL. Referenced FICO was 783 EXP, had 3 INQ prior and 2 newly opened accounts and an SBA loan(which I believe they count towards DTI even if it doesn't show on your reports). Income reported 20k and I was out of their geolocation but still located in NJ.

I was asked to provide 2 years taxes, I provided 2017,2018. Soon after I receive my Welcome member email and few hours later received email from the underwriters that I was approved.The weird thing is that I was told I was to sign DocuSign documents but those documents never came. I never actually signed anything.

i created my profile with them and sure enough 5K visa signature is sitting there, should arrive soon. I hope they keep the HI5 program going as it's the only reason I opted for this card. I hope these data points help someone else!

p.s: this is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while, you guys are wonderful!

Edit: I realize I left out a lot of useful information such as my Utilization and total open accounts so I'll add them here.

my utilization was about 3% and I have 71k (almost 3x my income, so I'll prob stop requesting CLI although most banks have approved every request) available CL between 8 accounts (not including affinity visa).

Message 48 of 135
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved with a $5k SL. Referenced FICO was 783 EXP, had 3 INQ prior and 2 newly opened accounts and an SBA loan(which I believe they count towards DTI even if it doesn't show on your reports). Income reported 20k and I was out of their geolocation but still located in NJ.

I was asked to provide 2 years taxes, I provided 2017,2018. Soon after I receive my Welcome member email and few hours later received email from the underwriters that I was approved.The weird thing is that I was told I was to sign DocuSign documents but those documents never came. I never actually signed anything.

i created my profile with them and sure enough 5K visa signature is sitting there, should arrive soon. I hope they keep the HI5 program going as it's the only reason I opted for this card. I hope these data points help someone else!

p.s: this is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while, you guys are wonderful!

Edit: I realize I left out a lot of useful information such as my Utilization and total open accounts so I'll add them here.

my utilization was about 3% and I have 71k (almost 3x my income, so I'll prob stop requesting CLI although most banks have approved every request) available CL between 8 accounts (not including affinity visa).

Congratulations on your Approval..!!!

Message 49 of 135
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@minski I'm confident you'll get an approval soon. Check your email!

@KLEXH25, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

Message 50 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.