cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Affinity FCU? - Joined (Aug)

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Joining Affinity Federal Credit Union

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Got an email a little while ago and I was approved for $12,300! My biggest SL to date (& second highest CL currently). I just need to provide copies of my last two paystubs, which may take me a couple of days to get. I will post in Approvals soon...not sure about APR.

@minski I'm confident you'll get an approval soon. Check your email!

Oh my, how exciting, Congratulations !Happy+Birthday+--+Box+of+Money gif | Creative money gifts, Happy ...

I put in my app for business membership & checking through docusign and emailed app for credit card last night. FYI, for the business credit card, you state the amount you want and they will try to accomodate your request based on credit profile.They pull personal credit file, requires PG. 

Interesting info from the application - Takeaway, this card can reach a very high limit if warranted.

This Small Business Loan Application is to be used for small business credit requests up to a maximum of $100,000. For credit requests exceeding this amount, please contact a Commercial Lending Officer...

If request is over $50,000 – Submit copies of two (2) years current business and personal tax returns. (Yeah, I know! Smiley Surprised) Looks as if this CU may end up being as generous as NFCU and that's saying something! I can't believe it was founded right here in NJ and never heard of it...just a Super find !

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 51 of 135
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Got an email a little while ago and I was approved for $12,300! My biggest SL to date (& second highest CL currently). I just need to provide copies of my last two paystubs, which may take me a couple of days to get. I will post in Approvals soon...not sure about APR.

@minski I'm confident you'll get an approval soon. Check your email!

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 52 of 135
minski
Established Contributor

Do you know when we can do mobile deposit with this CU? I tried recently but said I am not eligible. :\
Message 53 of 135
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@minski wrote:
Do you know when we can do mobile deposit with this CU? I tried recently but said I am not eligible. :\

@minski Do you have a checking account with them? I don't have that feature either and was wondering if it's because I don't have checking with them. 

Message 54 of 135
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Quick update on the FCU Signature Visa (& DPs for anyone interested in their credit cards):

Noticed that it reported to Experian today, so they report quick. Also noticed that the open date was marked as 8/27, the day I submitted my paystubs. Could have been there yesterday but I forgot to check. FYI, I applied on 8/22, was notified of approval 8/25, card appeared in my account on 8/27.

Message 55 of 135
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@minski wrote:
Do you know when we can do mobile deposit with this CU?...

@minski ...and was wondering if it's because I don't have checking with them. 

I joined March 15th and don't have a checking account. It shows I can mobile deposit up to $5k. I'm not sure when it became available, but I know I didn't have it at first and since I haven't hit my six month mark yet, I'd bet it's 30, 60 or 90 days. I don't recall having to request or enable (as I've had to with some FI's), so I'm thinking it was automatic.

Message 56 of 135
minski
Established Contributor

@minski wrote:

I spoke to a rep 1-2 weeks ago who said that mobile deposit eligibility starts after your first month. I think ETFCU is about the same because I opened the two accounts close to each other and I am able to do mobile deposit at ETFCU as well.

Message 57 of 135
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I just wanted to add a quick note about my experience.  I applied to Affinity this morning as I was very interested in the 2% APY on their savings account.  I went ahead and opened a checking account for accessibility too.

I do not live in their geographical area- I was able to apply with ease.  There were no requests for documentation to verify my identity.  I know this is a concern with a lot of credit unions, especially if you do not live in their state.

Edited to add there was no hp, I am not sure if they do a sp of one of the credit bureaus or if it is a chex inquiry.  I have never pulled my chex report, but I will check to see which bureau if any they soft pulled.

Approval was instant. I do not recall the max amount I was able to transfer.  If anyone has questions on the application process or the type of questions asked in the application, then please let me know.

Message 58 of 135
bigfoot98
Valued Member

DP for pre-approvals:

I did not have any offers until after I had 4 FICO score updates. My scores at the time were 758 EX8, down from a high of 780, and I have pre-approvals for everything except a mortgage and HELOC. I accepted the Pure Rewards offer, they had it listed as "up to 25,000" and with only a 34k income and only having 500 on deposit that would be a stretch. So I asked for 15k and after filling out the form a message popped up saying they will contact me. About 10 mins later I got an alert they pulled EX. With it being a Saturday when I applied I waited untill Monday, after not hearing anything I called and found out I was approved and will be contacted by a LO when they are available. I wasn't called until the following Monday and was told I was approved and a card will be sent out after I fill out the Docusign. They also wanted to refinance my auto loan with NFCU, she said I had a great credit report and they see I have a new auto loan but they couldnt beat the rate, they offered 3.11% and I am at 2.69% with NFCU so I passed. The only thing I wish I had done differently is ask for the full 25k lol.

Message 59 of 135
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@bigfoot98 wrote:

I was approved and will be contacted by a LO when they are available. I wasn't called until the following Monday and was told I was approved and a card will be sent out after I fill out the Docusign. They also wanted to refinance my auto loan with NFCU, she said I had a great credit report and they see I have a new auto loan but they couldnt beat the rate, they offered 3.11% and I am at 2.69% with NFCU so I passed. The only thing I wish I had done differently is ask for the full 25k lol.

Congratulations on your approval! Thank you for sharing the data points.

Message 60 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.