cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got any experience or datapoints with Teachers Federal CU based out of Hauppauge, NY?

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Anyone got any experience or datapoints with Teachers Federal CU based out of Hauppauge, NY?

Just like Penfed, this credit union had an emergency merger with some rinky dink credit union called Melrose Credit Union that had an open charter. As a result of that merger, they now got a newly acquired open charter and they happen to be one of the top 25 largest credit unions in the country. That being said, for such a large credit union ($8 billion + assets and over 300,000 members) there is like virtually no information about them here on Myfico and I haven't been able to find any old threads on myfico about them. Theres also been articles about how they want to leverage their newly open charter and start trying grow nationally and try and attract members nationwide outside of their New York geographic footprint and have seen their comments on facebook that anyone can open an account with them, regardless what state or where in the US they live.

https://www.cutimes.com/2020/11/23/teachers-fcu-rebrands-is-set-to-expand/

I'm just always on the lookout for credit unions that may be hidden gems. You never know when you might find another Navy NFCU or something. I know Penfed seems to have loosened up in terms of granting credit since their merger with Progressive Credit Union and newly acquired open charter. Who knows, maybe this place is quietly being generous with approvals now too (just like Penfed) in an attempt to spur growth.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.