cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a Barclay savings account?

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Barclay savings account?

@iced wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AT&T is paying $2.04/share. At $34.48 as of close today you're looking at about 5.9% return.

Not FDIC insured.

T is about as close to FDIC as you can get in the stock market. There's not much growth potential these days with AT&T, but they're not going anywhere and the dividend's been reliable for decades. There's higher dividend stocks out there, but you can certainly do worse than T if dividend income is your goal.

Depends what your goals are. For me and I presume OP, park cash and use it as emergency fund. In which case you look at the money as insurance policy. For $50,000 at 2% high yield savings, I loose about $30 per month after adjusted to inflation and taxes that I have to pay for interest earned. But again I look at it as $30/month fee, an insurance so that if SHTF, I can withdraw money relatively easily. Now if we are talking investment then yeah, stocks work better but you can loose money in the short therm. In terms of investments I prefer to follow boggleheads advice. Invest often, invest into 3 funds and keep the money long term. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a Barclay savings account?

Hi Wrigley, I had a Barclays dream account but changed to one of their regular savings when the interest rate went higher than the dream. I now also have a CD. I really like Barclays. They are quick to raise interest rates, and I find their transfers to be quite fast, usually in my other bank account in two business days.🙂
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.