cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

I applied for BECU in April. I had a Chex inquiry from February and 2 from 8/2017. I was approved for membership online with no problem until their "financial crimes" unit flagged me. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had three within the last 60 days when I initially applied, and I was denied. 

I waited three months and applied for membership again.  At the time of my second application I had five inquiries within five months and none prior to that.  I was approved the second time I applied.

Thanks for the data points. So there were no inquiries within past 3 months when you reapplied?

Correct; no inquiries from when I first applied until three months later when I reapplied.  I believe my ChexSystems score at the time of rejection was 732.

After I was first rejected I called into BECU.  The lady I spoke with mentioned three inquiries within three months (it was actually within 60 days).  Her mentioning three months caused me to wait three months.  I did ask her what they liked to see in regards to the number of inquiries and within what amount of time; she would not tell me. 

BECU CAN be a real pain to join from out of state.  Some like Green456 have had no problems; for others like Saeren and me it was a real hassle.  However, now that I am in, I have been very pleased.

Message 12 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

True story...i just ate some wheat CHEXSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
creditfan
Established Contributor

I don't check my chex before apply for anything, because if I feel it right and go ahead and apply

I got approved by using snail mail no problem

Message 14 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for BECU in April. I had a Chex inquiry from February and 2 from 8/2017. I was approved for membership online with no problem until their "financial crimes" unit flagged me. 

still curious why you just didnt follow it through.. sure a few hoops to jump through, but once through them you are good.  Alot of CU's kinda make it a pita, but just gotta suck it up.  Most people with this one out of state do go through what you go through just sent the stuff etc and get into a very good CU.. Granted they are no NFCU, etc., but good none the less

Side note looked at my recent chexs report realized some information was inaccurate back when I lived in condos/apts they had two entries without unit #'s with correct address then entries with the correct address and unit #.  So filed dispute to get those two additional addresses removed as those will certainly hurt my score!  How they mess up such easy things makes me shake my head and they are harder to deal with than EQ and that is saying alot being Chexsystems.. Why they count on LexisNexis for information as well makes me shake my head.  Just order that report today as well and looking forward to a 150 page report going through it and disputing inaccurate info.  I am so tired of these agencies it is really draining.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

still curious why you just didnt follow it through.. sure a few hoops to jump through, but once through them you are good.  Alot of CU's kinda make it a pita, but just gotta suck it up.  Most people with this one out of state do go through what you go through just sent the stuff etc and get into a very good CU.. Granted they are no NFCU, etc., but good none the less

Side note looked at my recent chexs report realized some information was inaccurate back when I lived in condos/apts they had two entries without unit #'s with correct address then entries with the correct address and unit #.  So filed dispute to get those two additional addresses removed as those will certainly hurt my score!  How they mess up such easy things makes me shake my head and they are harder to deal with than EQ and that is saying alot being Chexsystems.. Why they count on LexisNexis for information as well makes me shake my head.  Just order that report today as well and looking forward to a 150 page report going through it and disputing inaccurate info.  I am so tired of these agencies it is really draining.

Oh I did go through the hoops. I faxed them the documents they asked for 4 times because they kept saying things were missing and then they turned around and decided they had an issue with me taking pictures of my ID with my phone, which is exactly what I told them I would have to do because I have agoraphobia so I can't just go somewhere and fax it off so I was using an electronic fax service. They also didn't like the fact I don't pay utilities and were not even sure if they would accept my Comcast bill for membership. Honestly the whole ordeal left a real sour taste in my mouth, especially since they waited until after I transferred money to my accounts before they shut me down. I got my refund from the foundation though so the only thing I was out was like $2 in faxes, a Chex inquiry, and a lot of wasted time. 

They instituted the option to use a secure document upload service like a month or two after my whole ordeal. I was going to make them my primary FI with my SSDI direct deposit and everything so I think I probably should be thankful that I found out just how bad it can be to deal with not having branches nearby if you have problems. 

My Chex report is the only one I have ordered so far and other than discovering that Best Egg pulled my Chex not once, but twice, when I got my personal loan from them, everything seemed to be in order. 

I will get around to LN one of these days. I have a feeling they have some of my information mixed with my dad's based on Equifax's system locking me out for questions that have nothing to do with my report and the fact my dad and I both have the same name (I have a II suffix) and we both had the same address for about a year from 2011-2012. I just haven't wanted to deal with it and my dad has a clean credit history and public record anyway.  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.