cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Moderator

Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

Subject says it.. Anyone know what is to many for BECU for opening membership.  Have had 3 in 2019 and 5 in the last 12 months... one of those 3 was with BECU about 4 months ago, but on a rolling 12 months at time would of had like 7 at that time..  I want to join, but don't want to burn a pull on chexs..  My pulls are 3/3/2019 one on 6/02/2019 and well becu on 6/30/2019 and other 2 in last 12 months was one in dec 2019 and one in november 2018.. Kinda shocked was turned down as my Chex's is clean, just 18 inquiries in last 3 years..  Majority of those inquiries where from a move and was baffled by why i was being turned down but moving is a huge no-no per chexs as your a criminal i tell ya..  So burned about 8-10 hps on chexs trying to figure out what was going on to find out move puts red flags up on chexs..  Hopefully being at house close to 2 years has cleared that hurdle.  Anyone ask a CSR directly a similiar question?  So sick of CU's and banks being so uptight about chexs when my FICOS are in the 800 range yet chexs can ruin everything with a clean record!

 

BTW chex iquires use to show for 5 years just got my report and recently it must of changed to 3 years as clearly states that.  Would of loved to known of that change as well...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Moderator

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

So called and not Chexs sensitive at all shrug. Asked how many they said she talked to supervisor and no set limit just can’t apply with 30 days from last application. Don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy spam on inquiries. I know they aren’t near as sensitive as others but still some type of rule on inquiries
Message 2 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:
So called and not Chexs sensitive at all shrug. Asked how many they said she talked to supervisor and no set limit just can’t apply with 30 days from last application. Don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy spam on inquiries. I know they aren’t near as sensitive as others but still some type of rule on inquiries

They're plenty sensitive to Chex inquiries.


Total revolving limits 732500 (606000 reporting) 12/4/20 FICO 8 scores: EQ 715 TU 760 EX 735
Message 3 of 16
Moderator

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:
So called and not Chexs sensitive at all shrug. Asked how many they said she talked to supervisor and no set limit just can’t apply with 30 days from last application. Don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy spam on inquiries. I know they aren’t near as sensitive as others but still some type of rule on inquiries

They're plenty sensitive to Chex inquiries.


lol ya my thought as well and she said just within 30 days i call hog wash lol.  @SouthJamaica  did you get denied them as well as know you have had a rough streak like myself with CU's recently?

Message 4 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:
So called and not Chexs sensitive at all shrug. Asked how many they said she talked to supervisor and no set limit just can’t apply with 30 days from last application. Don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy spam on inquiries. I know they aren’t near as sensitive as others but still some type of rule on inquiries

They're plenty sensitive to Chex inquiries.


lol ya my thought as well and she said just within 30 days i call hog wash lol.  @SouthJamaica  did you get denied them as well as know you have had a rough streak like myself with CU's recently?


Yes I got denied for too many Chex inquiries, even though my credit score from Chex was close to a perfect score. It smarts because I invested $20 to join the Northwest Credit Union Foundation, so I would be eligible.

 

Yes I had a rough streak with credit unions, was denied by a series of them for too many Chex inquiries -- and I'm not talking credit applications here, just applications for a crummy savings account. Here's a list of these meanies:

BECU, Hughes, ESL, Garden Savings, First Tech.


Total revolving limits 732500 (606000 reporting) 12/4/20 FICO 8 scores: EQ 715 TU 760 EX 735
Message 5 of 16
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

Minimum 600 Chex score is displayed at the Everett office location on the right of where all the teller windows are.
Message 6 of 16
Moderator

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

@SouthJamaica any idea on how many inquiries you have in the last 12 months and last 24 months by chexs also last 6 months?  I suppose they go off 12 months, but just speculation..  as mentioned I got my report in mail just a few days ago although it is froozen as was tired of denials for just membership..  Getting credit products is easy getting in these CU's is the real pita!!!  I no longer will apply for a credit product first until i get into the CU first lol..  Truely sad they dont want our money for savings/checking accounts just due to too many new DDA accounts....

Message 7 of 16
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?

I had three within the last 60 days when I initially applied, and I was denied. 

I waited three months and applied for membership again.  At the time of my second application I had five inquiries within five months and none prior to that.  I was approved the second time I applied.

 

Message 8 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@SouthJamaica any idea on how many inquiries you have in the last 12 months and last 24 months by chexs also last 6 months?  I suppose they go off 12 months, but just speculation..  as mentioned I got my report in mail just a few days ago although it is froozen as was tired of denials for just membership..  Getting credit products is easy getting in these CU's is the real pita!!!  I no longer will apply for a credit product first until i get into the CU first lol..  Truely sad they dont want our money for savings/checking accounts just due to too many new DDA accounts....


Yes it is sad.

 

No sorry I don't remember how many inquiries there were.

 

 


Total revolving limits 732500 (606000 reporting) 12/4/20 FICO 8 scores: EQ 715 TU 760 EX 735
Message 9 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know BECU threshold on Chexs?


@ZZWW2017 wrote:

I had three within the last 60 days when I initially applied, and I was denied. 

I waited three months and applied for membership again.  At the time of my second application I had five inquiries within five months and none prior to that.  I was approved the second time I applied.

 


Thanks for the data points. So there were no inquiries within past 3 months when you reapplied?


Total revolving limits 732500 (606000 reporting) 12/4/20 FICO 8 scores: EQ 715 TU 760 EX 735
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.