cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use BECU as main checking account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone use BECU as main checking account?

I use BECU as my main checking account. I have a line of credit there, and was able to set it up as an automatic overdraft on the checking account. It's a safety net -- if I ever miscalculate instead of overdrawing my account and/or bouncing a payment, it'll just draw from the line of credit and I'll pay a small amount of interest and not a terrible rate. Then I set up all my credit cards to auto-pay full balance from that account. So long as "full balance" isn't greater than the limit on the credit line I don't have to worry about that.

In practice I always make sure there's enough money to cover the bills, and I haven't had a balance on that line of credit in over a year, but it's huge peace of mind to know I have that safety net.

A lot of places will give you a line of credit but only a few let you hook it up as an overdraft like BECU does.

Message 11 of 12
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone use BECU as main checking account?

@Anonymous wrote:

I use BECU as my main checking account. I have a line of credit there, and was able to set it up as an automatic overdraft on the checking account. It's a safety net -- if I ever miscalculate instead of overdrawing my account and/or bouncing a payment, it'll just draw from the line of credit and I'll pay a small amount of interest and not a terrible rate. Then I set up all my credit cards to auto-pay full balance from that account. So long as "full balance" isn't greater than the limit on the credit line I don't have to worry about that.

In practice I always make sure there's enough money to cover the bills, and I haven't had a balance on that line of credit in over a year, but it's huge peace of mind to know I have that safety net.

A lot of places will give you a line of credit but only a few let you hook it up as an overdraft like BECU does.

I really like the peace of mind of having the line of credit as protection for the checking account.

I was able to become a member, opened checking and savings (both with $500 each in there currently to take advantage of the interest), and approved for the PLOC for $15,000 at 10.40% and the basic Visa for $25,000 at 8.40%

So far my experience with them has been good.

How long have you been using them as your main checking and anything else you really like or anything you dislike?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.