Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Tally?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone use Tally?

Its sort of like setting up mint.. you have to add your online accounts to it... and set up a ACH pull pay for your checking account.

Then you set your card to you pay or tally pays...

If tally sees their APR is less than the card.. it will autotransfer the balance to tally...

Ideally they would like you to pay your card bills through tally as well....

Message 41 of 53
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Signed up for it since they give $20 amazon giftcards if you refer a friend. Had my girlfriend sign up for it as well. $40 in amazon gift-cards.

Will never actually use the line of credit they extended me since I always PIF but it is much easier to see and pay all your cards. Hopefully the new features they are talking about are more geared towards people that pay in full.

3,000 at 13.49% was what they extended me.
My listed score that came in an email about 2 hours later is 781 from experian.
Does not say which scoring model or if it’s even a FICO score.
I assume it’s some variation of Fico though because they listed the minimum FICO Score of 660 in the FAQ section.

Are you guys sure it is a hidden tradeline ?
Everything I agreed to said it wouldn’t affect my credit score. But in the terms and conditions it does say we may report information about you to the credit agencies.....

Any idea what scoring model they use from Experian ?
I don’t think it’s FICO 8 since my EX Fico 8 is 755 and the Experian app hasn’t updated it to indicate a score change.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 42 of 53
joltdude
Senior Contributor

So far so good on the hidden TL part of the Tally equation....

They have been *odd* lately... they seem to have kinda gone invisible online... still occasionally see a post and their website change....

there was mention early on that they would re-evaluate your credit (probably an SP) every 6 months... hoping for a better tier on interest.. Like everyone else.. their APR has crept up over time as well... 

Also you can mark a card in app that its on a promo period and not to touch it....

For now i basically have it as a backup to manual paying of cards (im not a fan of autopay... it just makes me uneasy instead of comforting me)... I used it when i opened the account .. if you dont want it to auto-transfer.. do not allow tally to pay the card... you can still use tally as a bill pay even if you 1. pay the card yourself via cards website or push.... 

-J

Message 43 of 53
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Any idea on the scoring model use ?

Message 44 of 53
joltdude
Senior Contributor

nope not a clue...

But i signed up early and it appeared and dissapeared .. now they supposedly send you an email with the score contained in it and where its from but not necessarily the model...

Message 45 of 53
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

My last FICO 8 was 755 on the Experian app. It updated 7 days ago. I haven’t gotten an alert that my score changed.

Score listed was 781 Experian from Tally.
Range of 300 to 850

Message 46 of 53
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Know this is a bit of an old thread... Actually Called Tally today...

Supposedly they have been manually reviewing older accounts for APR reductions and other things (CLI???)

If your eligible for something, should be getting an email in the next few weeks...

Was hoping for a more definite answer but... Ill take it... Hope to see some folks mention they have heard back from them

-J

Message 47 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is a very old thread, and still no android app. The banner at the top of the page is promising though. I signed up. Hope it isn't another year and a half.

Message 48 of 53
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Supposedly there is an android app in development now and supposedly also soon to be released when I was on that call... Cuz i asked about it... I was hoping to hear back from MFicoers who have gotten the supposed account updates since they were supposedly being done manually... Know I didnt get it but I dont trust most of their promises at this point...

-J

Message 49 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Oh and it's currently a hidden TL, And a SP on EX

This was all I wanted to know. Thank you. 

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.