cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for NFCU membership via Navy League SD chapter.. how long until I know?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for NFCU membership via Navy League SD chapter.. how long until I know?

I applied for a NFCU membership via the Neavy League SD Chapter method. I emailed the membership, my ID dox and the Navy league membership welcome email. How long does it take before they tell you, you are approved for membership?

19 REPLIES 19
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for NFCU membership via Navy League SD chapter.. how long until I know?

Some say a couple of days and others it takes up to a month or so.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for NFCU membership via Navy League SD chapter.. how long until I know?

I was recently approved after 2 weeks when I finally called them.

Message 3 of 20
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I only found out because a few weeks later all my NFCU crap arrived in the mail. 

Message 4 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a NFCU membership via the Neavy League SD Chapter method. I emailed the membership, my ID dox and the Navy league membership welcome email. How long does it take before they tell you, you are approved for membership?

I applied online via their website (using NLSD), and was approved the next day, I got an email that said Welcome to nfcu... 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 20
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You do not have to email anything.. at least I didnt..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

It took 3 weeks and a few phone calls to ask for status.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Took me about 5-6 total days (not business days). Eventually I had to call in on Monday morning and they ran and approved my application over the phone. 

I applied online on a Wednesday, they requested papers on Thursday, and then like I said, approved me Monday when I called. I then applied for a credit card and line of credit on that Monday and was approved for a $500 line of credit within two hours, and then the nRewards unsecured for $1,000 within a day. 

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed my application at 3AM on 9/22 and received a welcome email the morning of 9/28.

It might have been approved earlier had I called in, but I decided to be patient and wait at least two weeks.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied at about 3:30 p.m. on 9/22. TU hardpull on 9/28. Received Welcome email on 9/30. And I made several calls within this period of time to check on the status. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.