cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved NFCU SSL - with detailed steps (May 2020)

tag
bustout
New Contributor

Re: Approved NFCU SSL - with detailed steps (May 2020)

It does show the starting amount correctly  on two of the three bureaus. 

I did not see a jump because this was done to have one in place for a few years when an unsecured personal loan and my car both come off in November...right vefore I wanted to apply for a Flagship.

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to have them correct that on the one bureau then. Sorry you’re having to go through that.
Message 22 of 41
bustout
New Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous 

im going to give them another reporting cycle as I'm only gardening now. Also I appreciate the work you put into updating f and maintaining the Understanding FICO Scoring thread. Very informative and highly recommended.

Message 23 of 41
ChiTownTony
Contributor

@bustout wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous 

im going to give them another reporting cycle as I'm only gardening now. Also I appreciate the work you put into updating f and maintaining the Understanding FICO Scoring thread. Very informative and highly recommended.

Whatever happened here? Did you get it fixed and also see a score increase?

820+
Message 24 of 41
bustout
New Contributor

Yes, I called Navy and told them it looks like it reported wrong because I had paid it the same day. Seems I caught it just at the right (or wrong) time and it showed the remaining balance as the loan amount. It was corrected and I saw a three point bump which I did not expect as I have a Self loan prior to I read about the NFCU one. 

I am going to take a hit this month because although I carry no blalnces except the 0% transfer on the Platinum, but this month I did not pay them to zero before the charges post. Wondering how much of a hit it will be with no other changes.

Message 25 of 41
ChiTownTony
Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. Glad it worked out for you.

820+
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bustout wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous 

im going to give them another reporting cycle as I'm only gardening now. Also I appreciate the work you put into updating and maintaining the Understanding FICO Scoring thread. Very informative and highly recommended.

@bustout you're very welcome and I'm glad you got it corrected. As for the effect on your score, that would depend on how many cards you have, how many report a balance, the utilization levels, the scorecard, there's a lot that goes into it.

And thank you for the kind words!

No need to worry it will correct itself next month when you go back to your regular routine

Message 27 of 41
periferel
Established Member

great post OP!! i'm about to do a similar loan with SSFCU, wouldn't have even thought about this stuff. birdman already pointed me in the right direction last night. thanks for that!

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@periferel My pleasure. So Alliant didn’t work out?

Message 29 of 41
periferel
Established Member

i just went straight to SSFCU since i am in colorado. the CSR asked me if i go to a catholic church, lol. i was actually raised catholic and did attend the local church here for xmas...i guess that counts. just deposited $100 to open up the savings account and will deposit w/e amount i need for a 2-3 year loan next week. seems like everything should go smoothly, wish i did this a while ago!

i actually started a thread, hopefully someone who has done a personal loan with SSCFU reads it and posts something about their experience, but the csr sounded like he knew what he was talking about. apparently they release money to savings accounts on monday, wednesday and friday. so whenever i pay it back my money will be returned promptly.

between this bump and my last two baddies getting deleted this winter i think i'll be in good shape. just got a few thousand dollars to pay my cc and i think i should be ready for a good mortgage rate. who knows maybe this CU will be my lender.

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.