cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there Any Services Like Self-Lender?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there Any Services Like Self-Lender?

Hello, fellow myFicoers! Cat Tongue

I hope everyone in the EST (and other timezones, of course) is have a great morning! Smiley Happy

Could you guys tell of any credit-builder loans out there that do not require a deposit, is not a credit union, and does not require a credit check?

Thanks! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Are there Any Services Like Self-Lender?

Why do you want another? You only need 1

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Why do you want another? You only need 1

True, but I like the idea of positive reporting and being forced to save money. I know getting another one won't help my score, but I am too gosh darn desperate.

I will hold off.

Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Desperate for what? If motivation to save is what you're desperate for, look into opening specialty accounts with upper limits like Netspend (5% < 1k but you can open 5 accounts), DCU savings (5% < 1k), Mango (6%<5k) or Premier Members FCU (4% < 2k) ...etc., throw $50 into each account initially, then it becomes a game and a great motivation to fill up those accounts.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.creditstrong.com.
Just got approved by them like 30 minutes ago.
Did a temp unfreeze of chexsystems (24hrs) before applying for SelfLender. I thought the freeze might cause a denial , so did a temp unfreeze. Got denied anyways.
By the time I applied for creditstrong, freeze was back on and just got approved for their basic 24mth.
Message 5 of 7
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
www.creditstrong.com.
Did a temp unfreeze of chexsystems (24hrs) before applying for SelfLender. I thought the freeze might cause a denial , so did a temp unfreeze. Got denied anyways.
By the time I applied for creditstrong, freeze was back on and just got approved for their basic 24mth.

Thanks for the link!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800FICOGoal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
www.creditstrong.com.

Thanks for the link!!

You are welcome.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.