Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU APP IN REVIEW

tag
britt585
Regular Contributor

BECU APP IN REVIEW

Hi I just submitted my memebership app for BECU and it says its being reviewed someone will email me within 2 business days??!!!!...What does that mean?... I thought you get an instant answer?....Can anyone share more on becu membership process?...Thanks so much

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BECU APP IN REVIEW

I believe I saw somewhere that BECU is dealing with a lot of fraud lately, and so ALL apps are going into manual review.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@britt585 wrote:

Hi I just submitted my memebership app for BECU and it says its being reviewed someone will email me within 2 business days??!!!!...What does that mean?... I thought you get an instant answer?....Can anyone share more on becu membership process?...Thanks so much

If you call in (800-233-2328) they will tell you what, if anything, is needed.

When recently I did my online membership they needed a color copy of my SS card and DL. Within an hour of receiving those from me I had gotten the welcome email. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

thanks the lady was acting weird when i mentioned joining the nwcu fondation.....she calmed down and then admitted that there was some kind of scam going on....ugh....i'll keep you guys updated....

Message 4 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

DCU MEMBERSHIP DENIAL

Here go's...So I've been reading about how awesome DCU is on auto and CC approvals....I'm in need of both....So I applied for auto and was APPROVED instantly for $25K and was offered CC $5K I accepted....I was told to complete membership. So I did that uploaded ID and SSN card ..I called to check status...  rep said they recieved docs then he called membership dept to see if they needed anything else...came back with your membership has been denied....Very vague said I would recieve letter in mail....I'm pissed because I don't know the reason why....Especially after uploading my ID,. SSN and 2 hard pulls!!!!!??????..I asked to speak with membership dept they don't take calls so supervisor got on the line and he wasn't any help.....I've been shoppimng around for auto and their process and rates were pretty sweet...Not to mention $5K CC offer with thin file!!!!!!!...If anyone can please add some insight it's appreciated....

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU MEMBERSHIP DENIAL

Oh noooo. 
While I don't have any dealings with DCU, I am very interested in why they would deny your membership after your approvals. Please keep us posted. 

Message 6 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

thanks i am very interested as well....i guess what bothers me the most is after sending in my ID and SSN card they wouldnt tell me anything!!!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

For whatever reason some CU's let you apply / approve w/o membership in place prior.  It's been done before with the same result of a dnied membership after approval.

Get the letter wiht the reasons stated and maybe there's a way to escalate it with someone and reverse it.  If you make enough noise they might chnage it into an approval for all 3.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@britt585 wrote:

thanks i am very interested as well....i guess what bothers me the most is after sending in my ID and SSN card they wouldnt tell me anything!!!

Most banks won't tell you over the phone.... it's some weird policy some of the put into place to prevent violations of various protection acts put in place over the decades for fair lending.

Message 9 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

Thanks....I was making noise however I just decided to calm down a bit...because I was ready to take my check to the dealership...And that CC was pretty sweet...ugh....I waiting for mail....

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.