Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU APP IN REVIEW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU MEMBERSHIP DENIAL

Go over there  https://www.depositaccounts.com/checking/reward-checking-accounts.html  and find a good APY on a checking account and it's most likely a CU. Chances are you'll get a good rate and dual arppoval with them as well w/o the hassle of DCU.  There's always a backdoor into most CU's as well.  

Message 11 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

thanks ill check it out and update you...

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU is sensitive to Chex. Have you had a problem with a checking account in the last 5 years? They don't like too many inquiries on Chex (basically if you have opened deposit accounts recently) and any blemish on Chex is an automatic membership denial. 

The other issue that they have is identity verification but they would have said as much during the process. 

I am curious to hear what their ultimate reason for membership being denied is. 

Message 13 of 22
creditfan
Established Contributor

sorry I don't see mention anything about membership eligibility

make sure you meet requirement

Message 14 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@britt585, your thread was moved to the Personal Finance section as your topic primarily focuses on the DCU membership [denial] instance.

Please refrain from cross-posting in multiple boards as that can create confusion with other members trying to assist you and is against forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.

FS
Message 15 of 22
britt585
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the insight...I recently orderd my chex report and I only have 8 inquires reporting. I wish I had known they were inquiry sensitive..ugh....I've had a couple other memberships denials due to chex report but didn't understand why because I don't have anything reporting negavtive...I even called chex system yesterday and the rep confirmed there are only inquiries reporting...I'm speechless....

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure DCU doesn't like more than a couple inquiries on Chex. Sorry for the denial OP.
Message 17 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

In general, credit unions are sensitive to ChexSystems. Best to spread out your membership applications.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@britt585 wrote:

Thanks for the insight...I recently orderd my chex report and I only have 8 inquires reporting. I wish I had known they were inquiry sensitive..ugh....I've had a couple other memberships denials due to chex report but didn't understand why because I don't have anything reporting negavtive...I even called chex system yesterday and the rep confirmed there are only inquiries reporting...I'm speechless....

8 is way too many. DCU is said to be very sensitive to Chex so I bet that's the denial reason unfortunately. 

Message 19 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

One word.  Chex's.  Gurantee you.  Either something negative is on it or low score or two many DDA accounts.  Sorry about this Chex's can eat donkey things.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.