Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Credit Union Social Sec. Card requirement

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BECU Credit Union Social Sec. Card requirement

DH trying to join and is being asked for utility and social security card... We can't find it anywhere, send global entry (no) send passport (no) provided mortgage, bank statements, pay stubs, driver license... NOTHING!

I'm like you can't get a passport without a social and it's a federal doc (Banks says I know but our policy, sorry!)

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BECU Credit Union Social Sec. Card requirement

@Creditaddict wrote:

DH trying to join and is being asked for utility and social security card... We can't find it anywhere, send global entry (no) send passport (no) provided mortgage, bank statements, pay stubs, driver license... NOTHING!

I'm like you can't get a passport without a social and it's a federal doc (Banks says I know but our policy, sorry!)

Did he consider just requesting a replacement card online?

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.html 

Message 2 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Frustrating as it is, I ran into the same thing last year.

Went to the Social Security office with many docs. to get a Copy of my SS cardSmiley Indifferent

I now even have a copy of my birth certificate.

To think, I have been given credit for 35 years without any past need of thisSmiley Tongue

Message 3 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I tried, could not replace online. Had to go in person. (maybe just California ..IDK)

Message 4 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Pretty sure we have it somewhere and certainly we can get a new one just didn't plan on getting one just to join a credit union

Message 5 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB 

This is what the site was giving me;   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 6 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I tried, could not replace online. Had to go in person. (maybe just California ..IDK)

When I got my last replacement I was living in one of the handful of states that doesn't offer online requests so I had to go the old-fashioned snail mail route.  Even then it wasn't too bad, though.

Message 7 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

When I got my last replacement I was living in one of the handful of states that doesn't offer online requests so I had to go the old-fashioned snail mail route.  Even then it wasn't too bad, though.

@UncleB, I could not even get one snail mailed to meSmiley Indifferent

It was only a two hour wait at the SS office.Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 30
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have found them EXTREMELY difficult to deal with...

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 30
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I have found them EXTREMELY difficult to deal with...

Are you referring to BECU, SSA or BOTH 😂?

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.