Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Membership Approved + DP's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU Membership Approved + DP's

@TheFIGuy thanks so much for sharing, I guess I should have waited a month. 🤦‍♂️ 

If those credit score requirements are FICO 8 and not the older scores, it seems they definitely like to give out credit there. 

Message 11 of 42
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheFIGuy thanks so much for sharing, I guess I should have waited a month. 🤦‍♂️ 

If those credit score requirements are FICO 8 and not the older scores, it seems they definitely like to give out credit there. 

Try again. Won’t hurt.

Message 12 of 42
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Saeren

Yes, I would 100% try again. Be ready to provide the following:

1. Recent Lease Agreement
  2. Recent Bank Statements
  3. Recent Car Insurance Statement
  4. Recent Credit Card Statements
  5. Recent Student Loan Statements — (If applicable)

** Yes it sucks and I personally find it to be a bit intrusive, but honestly it's an AMAZING bank and I have only been with them for ~48hrs. The small price we have to pay for not paying Utilities monthly.

Why did they shutdown your account before again?

Also, IDK how you guys tag the names but it's cool lol.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s my problem. 

1. No lease agreement - I have a verbal monthly agreement with my roommates even though I’ve lived here since 2/2016. 

2. I can give them bank statements, that’s not an issue. 

3. I don’t have a car, haven’t had one since 2012. 

4. No problem giving them CC statements. 

5. Student loans have been paid since 2014. 

Basically I can only give them 2 of those 5 things. 

They apparently got spooked because I used Zelle to move $5 into each of the accounts (a normal CU account opening step is a small deposit in the share savings at the very least). The thing is, Zelle gives them full access to Early Warning Services which means they could easily see that the checking account the funds came from was in my name, they could even see the balances and incoming and outgoing ACH (because EWS stores literally every detail). It makes no sense. 

Since I already got my refund for my foundation donation and everything, I think I’ll just leave it alone. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason — the amount of trouble that I went through and still didn’t come out on top makes me question how much of a problem I would have if something went wrong later. I’ll stay with my local bank, DCU, and NFCU for now. Maybe if things are still going smoothly next year I’ll revisit it. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 42
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here’s my problem. 

1. No lease agreement - I have a verbal monthly agreement with my roommates even though I’ve lived here since 2/2016. 

They apparently got spooked because I used Zelle to move $5 into each of the accounts (a normal CU account opening step is a small deposit in the share savings at the very least). The thing is, Zelle gives them full access to Early Warning Services which means they could easily see that the checking account the funds came from was in my name, they could even see the balances and incoming and outgoing ACH (because EWS stores literally every detail). It makes no sense. 

Since I already got my refund for my foundation donation and everything, I think I’ll just leave it alone. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason — the amount of trouble that I went through and still didn’t come out on top makes me question how much of a problem I would have if something went wrong later. I’ll stay with my local bank, DCU, and NFCU for now. Maybe if things are still going smoothly next year I’ll revisit it. Smiley Happy

A little off topic. But have you tried First Tech or Alliant? 

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Tech is conservative, they don’t like extending credit to people with limits in excess of their income which I’m currently close to 3 times mine plus their checking requires 12 debit purchases to earn dividends and Alliant is on the list if I anything happens with my PayPal Cashback (you can never have faith that a Sync card will always be there for you) as a potential for a 2% card but I won’t bank with them because once again, no Zelle.

My bank isn’t perfect but I guess I’ll stick with them. It honestly seems like it’s better to not bank where you have credit anyway.
Message 16 of 42
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Understandable, I'll keep this thread updated with DP as I get them. Hopefully help out you and other myFICO members!

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

i m a member of FirstTech and to my knowledge they are very conservative & uses Experian for credit/ploc n i was awarded $10k with a 720+ experian fico 8 score . The reward points aren't that good but for any CL increases its a hard pull only. They also gave me a 2% reduction on my APR without asking for it.

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here’s my problem. 

A little off topic. But have you tried First Tech or Alliant? 

Message 18 of 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i m a member of FirstTech and to my knowledge they are very conservative & uses Experian for credit/ploc n i was awarded $10k with a 720+ experian fico 8 score . The reward points aren't that good but for any CL increases its a hard pull only. They also gave me a 2% reduction on my APR without asking for it.

First Tech conservative vs. who?  NFCU?  Not a good comparison.

Vs. Most?  Plenty of First Tech approvals which might suggest differently and that certainly hasn't been my experience with them.

They literally handed me a 20k check in the form of a personal loan, with a less than year old 30D late to say nothing of the 25K revolver they gave me when I still had tax liens on file.

        
Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

First Tech conservative vs. who?  NFCU?  Not a good comparison.

Vs. Most?  Plenty of First Tech approvals which might suggest differently and that certainly hasn't been my experience with them.

They literally handed me a 20k check in the form of a personal loan, with a less than year old 30D late to say nothing of the 25K revolver they gave me when I still had tax liens on file.

But how were your total limits in relation to your income?

It seems they don’t like to lend to people who already have a lot of credit from reports around here but are generous to thinner files. 

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.