BECU Membership Approved + DP's

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BECU Membership Approved + DP's

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i m a member of FirstTech and to my knowledge they are very conservative & uses Experian for credit/ploc n i was awarded $10k with a 720+ experian fico 8 score . The reward points aren't that good but for any CL increases its a hard pull only. They also gave me a 2% reduction on my APR without asking for it.

First Tech conservative vs. who?  NFCU?  Not a good comparison.

Vs. Most?  Plenty of First Tech approvals which might suggest differently and that certainly hasn't been my experience with them.

They literally handed me a 20k check in the form of a personal loan, with a less than year old 30D late to say nothing of the 25K revolver they gave me when I still had tax liens on file.

But how were your total limits in relation to your income?

It seems they don’t like to lend to people who already have a lot of credit from reports around here but are generous to thinner files. 

If you include the HELOC I was about at 1:1 for the card, about the same for the personal loan but I was dirty the first time and with a recent 30D late on the second.

That doesn't strike me as conservative in any real sense of the word compared to other lenders we've seen here over time; honestly I don't know if your situation as retired is the same TBH, but there are a lot of lenders that would kick me out for either of those two issues.

        
Message 21 of 42
allegra37
Valued Member

Do they do HP or SP for become a member ?

Message 22 of 42
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

BECU - SP (TU) & (EX) for me
NFCU - SP (TU)
PenFed - HP (EQ)
Message 23 of 42
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...They wanted my social security card, my SSDI award letter for this year, my NFCU membership card, my drivers license, my Comcast bill, and a letter of intent for joining the CU.

... Fortunately I complained to NWCUF and got my $20 back

Smiley Surprised That's...a lot of info. 

Did NWCUF give you a hard time about the refund? I was declined bc of ChexSystems. I want my money back! LOL  

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...They wanted my social security card, my SSDI award letter for this year, my NFCU membership card, my drivers license, my Comcast bill, and a letter of intent for joining the CU.

Did NWCUF give you a hard time about the refund? I was declined bc of ChexSystems. I want my money back! LOL  

Nope. I sent them an email with my foundation number and told them that I would like a refund and went into what they put me through and that I was ultimately unable to keep my membership. Refund came in the next day. 

A lot of these foundations are literally set up exclusively as a means to work around NCUA rules regarding credit union field of membership policies. There is no reason why they should not be required to give you a refund if your membership is denied. 

Message 25 of 42
creditfan
Established Contributor

if you still want in with the CU just wait unitl your NWCUF almost expire and give it another shot

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 26 of 42
althes
Frequent Contributor

OK I mailed in my app but was approved fro membership for got a 12.5k cash visa.

Thinking about applying for the other low rate visa to do a BT.

But also thinking it might be wise to just lay low for a year.

Message 27 of 42
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@althes wrote:

OK I mailed in my app but was approved fro membership for got a 12.5k cash visa.

Thinking about applying for the other low rate visa to do a BT.

But also thinking it might be wise to just lay low for a year.

Personally I would lay low for now, it seemed all good for me until I got the second account which later was renigged  with them and back dated grrr, then all heck broke lose.

YMMV though

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 28 of 42
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I just signed up for the NWCUF or whatever its called and BECU. Was instantly approved, got my checking and savings account numbers and online banking all set up. I live in Minnesota and am completely out of their footprint. Kinda surprised after reading peoples experiences on Myfico. Before paying the $20 to join NWCFU I did my research and read through every thread I could find on Myfico. I checked the box saying NWCUF when signing up for BECU but they didn't ask for a member number for the NWCUF or anything.

I also am going to send an email saying something like this "Hello, my name is _________ and I just joined the NWCUF and just applied for a membership with a checking and savings account and it looked like it was instantly approved and my online banking is set up and all that. Is there any additional documentation or anything I need to submit, especially since I am out of state living in Minnesota and am outside of your Washington state footprint? I can send in copies of my Minnesota Drivers license, social security card, my passport, NWCUF comfirmation email I received after joining, and I don't have a utility bill in my name or a lease agreement since I live in a house with my sister and just pay her rent each month, but I can send a bank statement, copy of my car insurance statement, and a credit card statement all with a matching address if needed. If this is needed, I would like to complete this as soon as possible before I go about setting my direct deposit up and all that. I look forward to being a member!

Thank you"

I'll keep you all updated. Fingers crossing that they fixed their application process for those out of state and out of their footprint and made it less chaotic and simpler.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 29 of 42
Green456
Established Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I just signed up for the NWCUF or whatever its called and BECU. Was instantly approved, got my checking and savings account numbers and online banking all set up. I live in Minnesota and am completely out of their footprint. Kinda surprised after reading peoples experiences on Myfico. Before paying the $20 to join NWCFU I did my research and read through every thread I could find on Myfico. I checked the box saying NWCUF when signing up for BECU but they didn't ask for a member number for the NWCUF or anything.

I also am going to send an email saying something like this "Hello, my name is _________ and I just joined the NWCUF and just applied for a membership with a checking and savings account and it looked like it was instantly approved and my online banking is set up and all that. Is there any additional documentation or anything I need to submit, especially since I am out of state living in Minnesota and am outside of your Washington state footprint? I can send in copies of my Minnesota Drivers license, social security card, my passport, NWCUF comfirmation email I received after joining, and I don't have a utility bill in my name or a lease agreement since I live in a house with my sister and just pay her rent each month, but I can send a bank statement, copy of my car insurance statement, and a credit card statement all with a matching address if needed. If this is needed, I would like to complete this as soon as possible before I go about setting my direct deposit up and all that. I look forward to being a member!

Thank you"

I'll keep you all updated. Fingers crossing that they fixed their application process for those out of state and out of their footprint and made it less chaotic and simpler.

That's pretty much what happened to me. They told me they don't need anything and I'm all good. It has been now 7 months. Never asked for SS, DL, any proof. Soft pull was good enough for them. Good luck to you and let me know what happens. 
And after being 7 months with them I noticed that they are one of the few credit unions that has fully supported iOS mobile safari web app, I don't like cluttering my iPhone with apps so that's very helpful. They seem to be pretty reasonable with credit and customer service has been nothing but great.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.