Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU PLOC

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

BECU PLOC

Just curious if anyone has one currently with BECU.

Thanks

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU PLOC

I have one. I have never used it. Only reason I got it was they pitched it to me and said it was the same hp.

Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one. I have never used it. Only reason I got it was they pitched it to me and said it was the same hp.

@Anonymous 

Thanks,  just curious if they sent you checks like navy etc.?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No checks, just a letter. I doubt ever plan on using it so I did not follow up. Someone said (I cannot remember where) that you use your regular checking account checks. Whatever is not in your account is covered by the PLOC.

Message 4 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No checks, just a letter. I doubt ever plan on using it so I did not follow up. Someone said (I cannot remember where) that you use your regular checking account checks. Whatever is not in your account is covered by the PLOC.

@Anonymous 

Thanks, never got checks for the checking account either lol. I swear they are run arse backwords.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thanks, never got checks for the checking account either lol. I swear they are run arse backwords.

Well, if it covers what's not in your account for a check it should do the same for a ACH withdrawal. But having to OD your account to access a line of credit seems pretty arse backward too, if it's a line of credit you should be able to access it and move funds to your account so you don't OD you account.

Message 6 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well a little off topic, but this is how mine works with NFCU. I have 2 checking accts. One is a $1K overdraft--no checks provided. The other is a $14K CLOC and checks were provided that actually says on the top of the checks "CLOC."

I wonder if BECU works the same way. Just a thought. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two.  One for $2500 on my personal checking account, one for $10,000 on my joint account with my husband.  No checks.  Easy enough to just transfer funds on the app from the LOC to my checking account. 

Message 8 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two.  One for $2500 on my personal checking account, one for $10,000 on my joint account with my husband.  No checks.  Easy enough to just transfer funds on the app from the LOC to my checking account. 

@Anonymous 

Thank you

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 11
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thanks,  just curious if they sent you checks like navy etc.?

I opened mine in 2000.  I was never given checks to use, they drafted a check for me the one time I needed access to the funds.  Nowadays, I can just electronically move the funds to my other accounts. 

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.