Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU new member ???

tag
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

BECU new member ???

So I just got my email welcoming me to BECU (finally). After sending in my DNA a few times I have received my welcome email but no member number or account number to access online banking.

Do I need to wait for something in the mail or an email with this information or do I need to speak to a representative. I called them but the wait time is pretty lengthy right now so I figured I'd come here first!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU new member ???

@snickerpedia
Sounds about right with the hold time but I had to call in to get info to set up online banking(before mail areives). They wont send you an email with your account info. You will receive all this in the mail in about a week tho
Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@snickerpedia wrote:

So I just got my email welcoming me to BECU (finally). After sending in my DNA a few times I have received my welcome email but no member number or account number to access online banking.

Do I need to wait for something in the mail or an email with this information or do I need to speak to a representative. I called them but the wait time is pretty lengthy right now so I figured I'd come here first!!

You need to call, they will not send member number in an email OR through the mail, you will get tons of mailings from them but zero will have membership number.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your new membership. I live in the Seattle area and joined BECU earlier this year. I opened the account in person and got everything in one visit. They have an amazing higher APY on the first $500 in Savings and first $500 in checking with only a one transaction requirement.
I applied for their Cash Rewards Visa (they pulled TransUnion) and they countered for a Secured Card because I’m not quite 2 years post BK7 Discharge. They have a Savings Secured Loan that reports to All 3 and releases funds as you pay it down.

I also joined Sound Credit Union, which is big in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Sound is a little more user friendly, they release funds immediately on check deposits and direct deposit funds are available a day earlier than BECU. Sound gives generous credit lines (so friends say) but have the same 2 year requirement unless you want a Secured Card.

Both are part of the Shared Branching and BECU pulls TU and Sound pulls Experian. Just something to consider.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TattnallTrio wrote:
Congratulations on your new membership. I live in the Seattle area and joined BECU earlier this year. I opened the account in person and got everything in one visit. They have an amazing higher APY on the first $500 in Savings and first $500 in checking with only a one transaction requirement.
I applied for their Cash Rewards Visa (they pulled TransUnion) and they countered for a Secured Card because I’m not quite 2 years post BK7 Discharge. They have a Savings Secured Loan that reports to All 3 and releases funds as you pay it down.

I also joined Sound Credit Union, which is big in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Sound is a little more user friendly, they release funds immediately on check deposits and direct deposit funds are available a day earlier than BECU. Sound gives generous credit lines (so friends say) but have the same 2 year requirement unless you want a Secured Card.

Both are part of the Shared Branching and BECU pulls TU and Sound pulls Experian. Just something to consider.

Welcome and thanks for the info on Sound. Not a lot of info on Sound CU around here. If you app come back and tell us your experience.

Message 5 of 12
Green456
Established Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

Congratulations. Welcome to BECU. I am out of state member, I am one of the very few ones here who was able to open account right the way without any verification. Their mobile app is one of the best and they are now my primary credit union. 

Message 6 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Green456 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

Congratulations. Welcome to BECU. I am out of state member, I am one of the very few ones here who was able to open account right the way without any verification. Their mobile app is one of the best and they are now my primary credit union. 

Just curious how long you have been a member. I was orginally able to open and fund my accounts without verification, only after the fact did they put me through the ringer, so I am extremely reluctant to put any money in my accounts with them lol.

I am glad you had better luck @Green456 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 12
Green456
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

Just curious how long you have been a member. I was orginally able to open and fund my accounts without verification, only after the fact did they put me through the ringer, so I am extremely reluctant to put any money in my accounts with them lol.

I am glad you had better luck @Green456 

I have been member 6 months now. I even messaged them 5 months ago if they needed me to send in any documents. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnbmom
My apologies if i gave the wrong info, I did recieve my debit card and welcome pack in about 7-10 business days. Definitely called in to get account info tho!
Message 9 of 12
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

I called and got my info, set up online account, opened new checking and added all my external accounts. So far so good and the mobil app is AWESOME.

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.