Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA and NFCU Restriction

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

BOA and NFCU Restriction

So as many of you know I was restricted from my NFCU accounts for such silly reasons. Well recently I submited a CPFB compliant against NFCU about my accounts and it has been in process for about month no resolution as of current. I also submitted one against BOA for closing my account in 2017 but no apparent reason. I currently still hold a joint cc and mortgage with them. Well someone from BOA actually reached out to be today and basically introduced herself and my special point of contact for the process. So fingers crossed BOA restriction is removed as I qualify for Preferred Rewards and would love to take advantage of all those perks. Will keep you guys updated!

Happy Holidays!

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Relatxbles
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA and NFCU Restriction

Look forward to hearing updates on this. Cheers! 

Message 2 of 7
kremonis
Regular Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

So as many of you know I was restricted from my NFCU accounts for such silly reasons. Well recently I submited a CPFB compliant against NFCU about my accounts and it has been in process for about month no resolution as of current. I also submitted one against BOA for closing my account in 2017 but no apparent reason. I currently still hold a joint cc and mortgage with them. Well someone from BOA actually reached out to be today and basically introduced herself and my special point of contact for the process. So fingers crossed BOA restriction is removed as I qualify for Preferred Rewards and would love to take advantage of all those perks. Will keep you guys updated!

Happy Holidays!

@Harvey26 

BOA did not give you an adverse action letter?

Message 3 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@kremonis nope just closed accounts and sent my money as cashier check

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 7
ghgirll40
New Contributor

Happy Holidays! Cant wait to see if they actually lift the restriction!

|EX 736|TU 722|EQ 718| NFCU Platinum Visa Signature |
Message 5 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@ghgirll40 NFCU case finally completed. Restriction remains was given direct phone line to president of security operations but no need to even waste my time. Will keep you guys updated on BOA.

Message 6 of 7
RootDet
Established Contributor

@kremonis wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Happy Holidays!

@Harvey26 

BOA did not give you an adverse action letter?

an FI is not required to give you a reason for declining/closing a depository account. In many cases, they could also be barred by law for doing so.

Adverse action is really only about credit accounts. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.