Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOO! Blue FCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOO! Blue FCU

So, just got an "unable to process application due to ChexSystems, please call us at...."

What are the chances of getting it opened via phone call?  I have opened many checking and savings accounts in this last year.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: BOOO! Blue FCU

I received the same message last year. Emailed them but never received a response.

I'd move on to a different CU or bank.
Way too many out there to fret over one. lol
I closed three in the last two weeks and opened two more. Not all CUs or banks are sensitive to Chex systems.

Blue's rate structure isn't that great anyway, once you see all the hoops you must jump to meet them.
Message 2 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, just got an "unable to process application due to ChexSystems, please call us at...."

What are the chances of getting it opened via phone call?  I have opened many checking and savings accounts in this last year.

That's the problem, highlighted in red - Blue FCU is very Chex systems sensitive, as I recall more than 3 Chex inquiries in the past year gets you denied. And in my opinion it's only worthwhile for their Accelerated Savings account that pays 4.88%, but only up to a $1k balance.

Digital Credit Union is not Chex sensitive (just no derogs) and pays 5.12% on savings up to $1k.

Premier Members Credit Union is not Chex sensitive (just no dergogs) and pays 4% up to $2k on their money market.

Both are available nationwide with a $5 donation to their education foundation.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's the problem, highlighted in red - Blue FCU is very Chex systems sensitive, as I recall more than 3 Chex inquiries in the past year gets you denied. And in my opinion it's only worthwhile for their Accelerated Savings account that pays 4.88%, but only up to a $1k balance.

Digital Credit Union is not Chex sensitive (just no derogs) and pays 5.12% on savings up to $1k.

Premier Members Credit Union is not Chex sensitive (just no dergogs) and pays 4% up to $2k on their money market. Even better, if you join & open the money market account with a referral code from a current member you and they get a $50 signup bonus. Doctor of Credit has a page for Premier Members referral codes, or PM me for mine.

Both are available nationwide with a $5 donation to their education foundation.

DCU and Boulder Valley are both good ones that I already have.  I used your promo code for the MMA.  I am just hunting for more places because the Insight Card goes away after this week.  I may have to just go with the Netspend Cards.

Message 4 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU and Boulder Valley are both good ones that I already have.  I used your promo code for the MMA.  I am just hunting for more places because the Insight Card goes away after this week.  I may have to just go with the Netspend Cards.

Ah yes, July is around the corner . . .

Mango? They've toughened their requirements to get the 6%. And I don't trust any of the pre-paid cards to stick around, the high interest savings is just bait to get folks to use their debit cards and pay them a bunch of fees, and with the exposure on sites like DoC and more folks just use the savings and skip the debit the more likely they are to follow Insight's lead. I remember reading in the comments on DoC's announcement on Insight that one guy moaned that he & his wife had 8 cards between them and $40k in savings . . . .

There's WyHY credit union, 4% on SmartReturns Checking Account up to $15k. You need to make 12 debit card transactions + 1 bill pay, and I believe it's a HP to join.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous

There's WyHY credit union, 4% on SmartReturns Checking Account up to $15k. You need to make 12 debit card transactions + 1 bill pay, and I believe it's a HP to join.

This is good, If I get get 12 one dollar amazon gift cards or something, then that may work.  I just hate to manufacture spending, but 4% on 15k is about the best I have seen.

Message 6 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous

This is good, If I get get 12 one dollar amazon gift cards or something, then that may work.  I just hate to manufacture spending, but 4% on 15k is about the best I have seen.

Credit to oldman87, he has an account at WyHY. I think the minimum Amazon gift card reload is 50 cents. And several years ago when I needed to do a number of debit card transactions I'd put 10-20 cents of gas in my car on the debit card, then finish filling up with a CC. The debit card would only work 2-3 times right after another at the pump then get shut down, but then work fine the next day at the same pump. And it's not on their website yet but I also opened a free checking at Premier Member (which shows up as Boulder Valley with the routing #) and I got an email that checking will also get 4% up to $2k starting July 1, but the requirements are too much for me - 25 debit card transaction per payment cycle run as credit w/no PIN + $500 direct deposit.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any number of debit card transactions for MFers would be tough.  We are a credit card centric group.  I haven't used a debit card since joining this board.

Message 8 of 18
minski
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah yes, July is around the corner . . .

Mango? They've toughened their requirements to get the 6%. And I don't trust any of the pre-paid cards to stick around, the high interest savings is just bait to get folks to use their debit cards and pay them a bunch of fees, and with the exposure on sites like DoC and more folks just use the savings and skip the debit the more likely they are to follow Insight's lead. I remember reading in the comments on DoC's announcement on Insight that one guy moaned that he & his wife had 8 cards between them and $40k in savings . . . .

If you don't live or work in WY, how do you join this credit union?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although DoC has WyHy under Wyoming only, you can call and apply over the phone if you're out of state, HP on TU and Chex, must upload imagine of DL and SS cards. I'm on 3rd month with them, first month (abount 15 days) was under grace period (4% for doing nothing), got 2nd month 4% with just a bunch of $1+ POS debit transactions.

The only downside is they do not provide ACH service so all ACH will have to be pushed and pulled from external accounts. All of my CCs are now setup to autopay from this account, I then move money from my 2.25% Northern Bank MMA to WyHy after all the payments are executed to maintain 15k in WyHy, love this account even with the ACH limitation and debit requirements.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.