cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank/CC Ultimate Combo…

tag

Bank/CC Ultimate Combo…

So I have been down the rabbit hole the last few days...

I have lived/worked abroad for the last 16 years and have just returned to the states because of the COVID situation. I always used Schwab for my checking as it has unlimited ATM rebates and I used PayPal MC for its 2% cash back and no FTF. PayPal now charges a FTF so I'm looking into a new card (maybe SoFi?). 

My question is if there is one institution that offers both? Fidelity is close with ATM rebates and a 2% CC but charges a 1% FTF. Alliant is also close with up to $20 in ATM rebates but a 1% FTF on debit purchases. Needham bank is also close with no FTF on debit/ATM/CC but only a 1.5% cash back card. 

I have looked at others like PenFed and Navy but they require direct deposit (sometimes I can do this and sometimes I'm paid overseas in local currency and do not have a direct deposit). Betterment & First Republic offer ATM rebates but no CC products. 

Can anyone guide me to the banking promised land? Requirements:

1. ATM fee refunds (prefer unlimited) with no FTF or foreign currency conversion fee.

2. A 2% or better cash back card with no FTF (prefer no AF)
3. prefer banks over CU because calling from strange time zones means some small CUs won't answer. Banks usually have 24/7 customer service. 

thanks for the advice!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank/CC Ultimate Combo…

@TheBuccaneerGentleman wrote:

So I have been down the rabbit hole the last few days...

I have lived/worked abroad for the last 16 years and have just returned to the states because of the COVID situation. I always used Schwab for my checking as it has unlimited ATM rebates and I used PayPal MC for its 2% cash back and no FTF. PayPal now charges a FTF so I'm looking into a new card (maybe SoFi?). 

My question is if there is one institution that offers both? Fidelity is close with ATM rebates and a 2% CC but charges a 1% FTF. Alliant is also close with up to $20 in ATM rebates but a 1% FTF on debit purchases. Needham bank is also close with no FTF on debit/ATM/CC but only a 1.5% cash back card. 

I have looked at others like PenFed and Navy but they require direct deposit (sometimes I can do this and sometimes I'm paid overseas in local currency and do not have a direct deposit). Betterment & First Republic offer ATM rebates but no CC products. 

Can anyone guide me to the banking promised land? Requirements:

1. ATM fee refunds (prefer unlimited) with no FTF or foreign currency conversion fee.

2. A 2% or better cash back card with no FTF (prefer no AF)
3. prefer banks over CU because calling from strange time zones means some small CUs won't answer. Banks usually have 24/7 customer service. 

thanks for the advice!!

Chase comes close. They don't have a flat 2%+ cash back card (they're more about travel rewards than cash back) but they check all the other boxes. To get the checking/ATM level with no foreign currency conversions and unlimited ATM reimbursements you'll need to have a Sapphire checking account which has a fee or maintain a small amount of investments/cash with them ($75,000 if I recall).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.