cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank account denied because of chexsystems score (but a clean report)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ChexSystems Consumer Score

Anybody else having trouble getting the chexsystems site to open?

Message 21 of 32
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anybody else having trouble getting the chexsystems site to open?

Opens fine for me -

https://www.chexsystems.com

FYI, you can freeze Chex, but not Early Warning Systems. But freezing Chex is a real pain if you open bank accounts regularly. When you freeze Chex they mail you a PIN to unfreeze, and snail mail is the only way to get a PIN, and when you unfreeze and then freeze it again you have to wait for a new PIN by mail. I froze Chex after the EQ data breach but then soon tied to join DCU to refi a car loan a dealer stuck me with, and my membership was on hold for a week or so until I finally got the PIN by mail to unfreeze. I gave up freezing Chex, I think someone trying to open a bank account in your name is far less common then someone trying to open a credit account in your name, I keep all 3 CRAs locked.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a request for a report, they said it would arrive by mail in 5-7 bui=siness days. It's been two months and nothing. I have a confirmation number but the phone number they list doesn't address this issue.

I don't know if i should mail corrospondance requesting it again with confimation number attached, or simply request a new one online again.

Never dealt with tehm before, but i thought since thya have my info. That i should know what they are reporting.

Message 23 of 32
php111
Regular Contributor

Try 800-513-7125.

Press #1 for English or for anything else or something like that..

Don't press #1 otherwise you will be routed through menu options if you press option #1.

Just stay on the line through the recordings and you will for sure reach a live person.
Message 24 of 32
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Bank account denied because of chexsystems score (but a clean report)

@jl4 wrote:

We'll also likely go back in a month or two and try again; if they put up the same resistance, we'll ask to speak with a manager. I would think they could pull the entire file and see nothing derogatory on said file. Does that seem like a conversation that's worth having with them?

Hey @jj4, whatever happened with this. Did they approve you? I'm running into the same thing.

Message 25 of 32
jl4
Established Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@jl4 wrote:

We'll also likely go back in a month or two and try again; if they put up the same resistance, we'll ask to speak with a manager. I would think they could pull the entire file and see nothing derogatory on said file. Does that seem like a conversation that's worth having with them?

Hey @jj4, whatever happened with this. Did they approve you? I'm running into the same thing.

We decided to wait until after we got married (about a month ago) and got all her documentation updated (haven't done that, yet). At some point in the near future, we'll take one more stab at it. If they still won't let her in, we'll bank somewhere else. We conveniently received promos from BofA for $300 with relatively low requirements last week so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Our current arrangement (she ACHs everything that doesn't go into her savings or pays her Savor bill to me to cover everything else) is fine and not too difficult to manage so our motivation has been low. 

I love BECU–they're already really nice and helpful–but I can't help but chuckle when I see their TV ads saying they're "people first."  /vent

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 26 of 32
cr101
Established Contributor

@jl4 wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

We decided to wait until after we got married (about a month ago) ...

Thanks for the update, and congrats!

Message 27 of 32
jl4
Established Contributor

UPDATE!!

We decided to give BECU one more shot at this now that we're married and her name is updated everywhere.

The person that helped us was the same that helped last time, but he didn't seem to really remember. LOL. 

He took her information and went about it a different way, instead. I don't know, why, really, but the difference was that to add her to my existing Checking account, she didn't actually have to be a "member." (ok, what? why didn't you say that last time?) He noticed the "denied person" record from before, but went through the approval through some internal tool they have called Onefile. It gave the green light, so he went to add her. 

The system gave him a hard error with cryptic messaging. It was full stop at that point for reasons he said he had never seen in the years hes been there. Calling the helpdesk, they couldn't explain it, either. It took from last Friday to today to get an email this morning with directions to finish signing up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. What's funny is that only "members" can have online accounts and we never explicitly applied for that status.

I don't even know what to think at this point, but it appears she's in. We have no idea why it's different, now. The only thing that's changed is that she's married and has lived at the same address a handful of months longer. 

Who knows, really. All I know right now is it appears that she's in, finally. 

Message 28 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DW approval?
Message 29 of 32
jl4
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on DW approval?

I love your cautious optimism. 😂

We'll see what happens when she registers... if the account shows up and the debit card arrives in the mail, we'll know it's for real. 🙃

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.