Bank of America put exactly $100 in our checking account

tag
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America put exactly $100 in our checking account

@GApeachy wrote:

@Turbobuick 

Curious (your name)....which model?

I owned a 1986 Buick Grand National (that I modified to run 11's in the 1/4 mile) for almost two decades. Fun car in an era of boring cars. 

Message 21 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hey, thanks for the update!

Yay you!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 22 of 27
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Turbobuick 

I owned a 1986 Buick Grand National (that I modified to run 11's in the 1/4 mile) for almost two decades. Fun car in an era of boring cars. 

'85 here (had to ask)

Did you run down South?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 23 of 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Turbobuick 

'85 here (had to ask)

Did you run down South?

I'm on the west coast. Ran mostly at Pomona, Fontana and Irwindale. There are lots of turbobuicks in this area. Sold it about 6 yrs ago. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 27
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Back in 1990.  My ex-wife (then brand new wife) deposited her paycheck in the local bank.    The check was for something like $183.xx, she gave me the reciept to stub in our check book and I notice that it says she deposited $883.xx, so I call the bank and they tell me they will check into it and let me know in 10 days.   The get back to me and tell me the deposit was $883.xx, we go back and forth a few times, and finally I just let that extra $700 sit in the account.  

After a few months we have transitioned our finances to a new account at a new bank, so that account sits there with $700 in it for about a year and half.   Finally we tell the bank one more time that this $700 is their money, and we would like to close the account.   They hand me 700 and send me on my way.   I never heard from them again. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 25 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

Back in 1990.  My ex-wife (then brand new wife) deposited her paycheck in the local bank.    The check was for something like $183.xx, she gave me the reciept to stub in our check book and I notice that it says she deposited $883.xx, so I call the bank and they tell me they will check into it and let me know in 10 days.   The get back to me and tell me the deposit was $883.xx, we go back and forth a few times, and finally I just let that extra $700 sit in the account.  

After a few months we have transitioned our finances to a new account at a new bank, so that account sits there with $700 in it for about a year and half.   Finally we tell the bank one more time that this $700 is their money, and we would like to close the account.   They hand me 700 and send me on my way.   I never heard from them again. 

WOW. I wonder if the paycheck was actually for $833.xx vs. $183.xx--maybe the employer overpaid your ex-DW; so in essence, the deposit slip was correct. Smiley Very Happy Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 26 of 27
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Interesting...when in doubt, best to call. Maybe you'll get some brownie points if an error. Now, if it was a million or two.. 😉

The Epilogue: My curiosity got the better of me and I called. All I got from the rep is it's money owed to us from when we opened the account last December. Hmmm... how much interest compounded on $100 for 9 months @ .00000000000001 APR did we lose? I was going to ask, but bit my tongue instead.  LOL

After the call, I perused every transaction from December to March and saw nothing missing. I see the $300 Checking SUB. Oh well, I made the effort and got the reps name in case they come looking at some point in the future.   

I mean free money is free money. Good on you getting the rep's name in case they come after you later.

AU

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.