cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned from Chase Bank Deposit Accounts

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Member

Banned from Chase Bank Deposit Accounts

I used to be an account hoder of checking accounts at Chase for a few years. I also have credit card with them. But 3 years ago I closed my checking account and switched to Wells Fargo. 2 days ago I went back to Chase and opened checking and business checking accounts. Now I am finding out they they restricted my new checking accounts! 

I called them and they don't tell me the reason. And told me I can never become Chase client. BUT WHY???

My credit score is above 700. I never missed a payment. 

I can think of couple of reasons:

1. Because my unloyalty with Chase (switched to WF)

2. Becasue I paid my CC balance inconsistently: always minimum payment and one time i paid 70% of CC debt at once just to have 30% of credit ration to be left. BUT they decreased my limit, so it again became less than 30% ration. e.x. I had 10K limit, paid 7K to have 30%. they decreased limit to 5K. 

The worst thing is that couple of days ago I opened a mutual account. Now this person is being effected as well!!!!!! Although this person already had a checking account with Chase. **bleep**?? No one is explaining the reason. This is rediculous. I never thought I could be in a situation like this. 

Can anyone help out and advise on what should I do? Where to call? Whom to write?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

@zm2015  did you have any overdrafts or anything like that with your WF account? 

 

Both banks rely heavily on EWS report, so anything that happens with WF is visible to Chase once report is pulled

That includes total deposits, withdrawals, account being overdrawn,  monthly balances etc. 

Message 2 of 24
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

@Remedios, thank you for your reply. 

 

That is true. I did have some overdrafts from WF and paid them shortly. 

Do you think it's possible to look into EWS report and somehow find out if it was the reason? And if I can do anything about it?

Thank you so much for helping! I greatly appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 24
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

You can request a copy of your EWS report, and they will  provide it to you rather quickly. You should also get a copy of your chex report. 

If no negatives are present on Chex, seek a bank that doesnt utilize EWS. 

 

As far as doing anything, if those overdrafts really happened, not much. 

Opening an account with most banks that use EWS may be hard right now. 

 

Message 4 of 24
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

OP - Chase may have banned you for life, but 40 years ago Citibank revoked my American citizenship.

 

I was fresh out of college and had just started my first job in Manhattan. With my first paycheck I opened a checking account at a Manhattan (NY) branch of Citibank. I made some deposits and a couple of weeks later I got a letter from Citibank. Inside it was a Teller's Check for my entire account balance and a letter saying that they will not maintain accounts for non US citizens.

 

The next day I went to the branch with that letter, my birth certificate and my drivers license - all issued in the State of New York. I was told there was nothing the branch could do, I was a foreigner and that was that. I have not returned to a Citibank since, fearing they may deport me back to Brooklyn, where I was born.

4/1/2017 EQ 579 TU 595 EX588
9/20/2018 EQ 810 TU 807 EX 795
6/12/19 EQ 820 TU /789 EX 793
12/13/2019 EQ 835 TU 813 EX 810
Message 5 of 24
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

You can request your consumer report from EWS here: https://www.earlywarning.com/consumer-information


Whether or not you can find out if that information is 100% the cause for Chase's action is another story - you can keep contacting them to find out why.


EQ: 792 | EX: 785 | TU: 781 | Accounts: 2/6 5/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!


@calyx wrote:

You can request your consumer report from EWS here: https://www.earlywarning.com/consumer-information


Whether or not you can find out if that information is 100% the cause for Chase's action is another story - you can keep contacting them to find out why.


@calyx do you suggest contacting Chase or EWS to find out why? Because Chase just telling me "the reason is confidential" - 

 

I am okay with not being a Chase customer, but the person who was on a mutual account with me got effected too. That's the real problem, because he/she has a business history with Chase for almost 5 years! And we all know that history is important for businesses. 

Message 7 of 24
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!

You will get a letter from Chase, but you need to request your report from EWS.

 

As far as the other person, when you say affected, what do you mean by that?

Did they add you as joint owner to their only chase account?

Is the account restricted for them now? 

Message 8 of 24
Highlighted
New Member

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!


@Remedios wrote:

You will get a letter from Chase, but you need to request your report from EWS.

 

As far as the other person, when you say affected, what do you mean by that?

Did they add you as joint owner to their only chase account?

Is the account restricted for them now? 



That person had a business account with Chase and personal checking. We opened a new Mutual Checking and new Business Checking account. Business checking was under me, since I am owner of the business. Checking account was mutual also new. 

 

Now they suspended my new business checking, and my new mutual checking account. And they suspended that person's personal checking account and business account ( where I am not present). Although it was not new. Mine were new. 

I assume it is because of me. 

 

Message 9 of 24
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Permanently Banned from Chase Bank Account for LIfe!!!


@Flyingifr wrote:

OP - Chase may have banned you for life, but 40 years ago Citibank revoked my American citizenship.

 

I was fresh out of college and had just started my first job in Manhattan. With my first paycheck I opened a checking account at a Manhattan (NY) branch of Citibank. I made some deposits and a couple of weeks later I got a letter from Citibank. Inside it was a Teller's Check for my entire account balance and a letter saying that they will not maintain accounts for non US citizens.

 

The next day I went to the branch with that letter, my birth certificate and my drivers license - all issued in the State of New York. I was told there was nothing the branch could do, I was a foreigner and that was that. I have not returned to a Citibank since, fearing they may deport me back to Brooklyn, where I was born.


^^^^^^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE>>>>>HILARIOUS!  Thanks for the hardy laugh.  Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.

 



FICO 8 as of 02/05/20
FICO 9 as of 02/08/20
AoOA - 23Y11M | AAoA - 11Y9M | AoYA - 0Y5M
Open: 8 CC | 2 RC | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan | 2 RC
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.