Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Personal Loan? New?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Barclay Personal Loan? New?

So happened to be on Barclay's website, believe this is new they are offering personal loans... I got offered (soft pull) 9.9 apr, but they go as low as approx 6% apr.  Seems like they want a piece of the personal loan game now?  New or been around for awhile not a horrible rate at 9.9% I got certainly better than marcus that offers me a so gracious 23% lol.  Have 10k still from buying stuff for new house and various other medical bils etc that i am carrying on a PenFed personal loan at 12.99 before my credit was clean on EQ now i am sitting at 790ish 09 EQ score, my TU and EXP will be clean dec/january time frame, but scores are still 730-750ish.  

Just another option for people to check if considering?  Know they arent that popular on CC front due to AA, but personal loan they can't AA that Smiley Tongue

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/personal-loans/

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay Personal Loan? New?

Thanks for sharing CC. Lol that 23% offer yikes. I cant even speak Penfed without leaving a bad taste in my mouth but its nice to see other offers available.
Message 2 of 14
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

So happened to be on Barclay's website, believe this is new they are offering personal loans... I got offered (soft pull) 9.9 apr, but they go as low as approx 6% apr.  Seems like they want a piece of the personal loan game now?  New or been around for awhile not a horrible rate at 9.9% I got certainly better than marcus that offers me a so gracious 23% lol.  Have 10k still from buying stuff for new house and various other medical bils etc that i am carrying on a PenFed personal loan at 12.99 before my credit was clean on EQ now i am sitting at 790ish 09 EQ score, my TU and EXP will be clean dec/january time frame, but scores are still 730-750ish.  

Just another option for people to check if considering?  Know they arent that popular on CC front due to AA, but personal loan they can't AA that Smiley Tongue

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/personal-loans/

They are not new i been getting mailers from them since last year matter of fact got another one today. They offered me 17% no thanks i feel u on Marcus also they offered 24.99% i hurry up and closed that window lol

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I also have a PenFed loan I am paying off so not interested, but always good to know.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

r they still using TU for personal loans as well. Anyone applied recently (within 1-2 mos) and approved for any loan?

Message 5 of 14
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

They are using TU Fico 08 for there Personal loan also.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

were you approved for the amount requested? did they ask proof of income?

Message 7 of 14
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I didn't apply my buddy filled out the prequal form to check rate. They denied him he showed me the letter. I was just letting everyone know they use TU Fico 08 as the credit card side does. U can be the Guinea pig lol with it being Barclays it wouldn't surprise me at all if they ask for POI.
Message 8 of 14
cheon1
Valued Member

I just got  10,000 @ 5.74 60 months no proof of income money was in the bank in two days.

very easy process.

Sdfcu EMV Visa Platinum $25,000 |Tobbyhanna Visa $15,000 | Discover $3,500 | Psecu Visa $20,000 | Amex Delta $6,500 | Lowes $15,000 | Occu Duck Visa $7,500 | Amex Platinum NPSL | | Chase CSP $20,000 | Chase Southwest Premier $ 12,000 | Citi Double Cash $6,500 | Citi World MC $ 10,400 | Capital One GM Elite Mastercard $7,500 | Boa $12,500 | Chase United Explorer $ 5,000 | PayPal MC $6,000 | Boa Cash Rewards $5,000 | Amex SPG: $3,000 | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $9,200 | Diners Club Premier $40,000 | Diners Club Elite $40,000 | Barclaycard Arrival+ $13,000 | BOA Royal Caribbean Visa Signature $ 5,000 | Ritz Carlton Visa $10,000 | Amex Everyday $4,500 | Barclays US Airways $4,000 | Citi Prestige $7,000 PenFed - AMEX Travel Rewards $18,00 | PenFed Promise$18,000 Citi ThankYou Premier $4,500
Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@cheon1 wrote:

@I just got  10,000 @ 5.74 60 months no proof of income money was in the bank in two days.

very easy process.

Awesome rate!  Thanks for DP.. use to be by invite only appears it is now opened up.  What was your TU approx if you dont mind sharing guess 800+.  Use the pre-qual site?  Any phone call involed i read about or all online?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.