Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best High Yield Saving account

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Best High Yield Saving account

@Anonymous wrote:

My amex HYSA is currently at .90. Not bad. My Alliant CU Savings just rose to .95. Not bad. My BoA is .01. Plus they charge if you don't have 500 bucks in there and don't have a certain amount of deposits in the checking. Boo BoA

brick and mortar banks savings accounts are laughable, the only time i would use one is for checking account for convenience. With that being said i have both checking and savings with alliant. They have very reasonable rates for both. .65% rate on checking is pretty darn good and all you need to do is make one deposit. Thats an whole lot better than the 0% you get from most brick and mortar. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 27
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Yes, no cost transferring money between accounts and the debit transactions are pretty easy.  I just buy gift cards each month to satisfy the requirement. 

Is there anyway to automate the 4 logins? Thank you for providing this info.

I honestly haven't figure out the login part.  I know I generally log in once a week, but somehow the system credits me for much more than that.  In fact, there have been a couple of times where I logged in only once and had over 40 in the system.  Don't know if that's good or bad, but nothing negative has come of it.  The only reason that I haven't received the interest are times when I didn't make the debit purchases.  Hope that helps.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot guarantee to do that many of transactions and login things every month -- kind of distracting to me, but maybe I will try to put some small amount of money there and find a way to automate the process later on. Good to know that bank. ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My amex HYSA is currently at .90. Not bad. My Alliant CU Savings just rose to .95. Not bad. My BoA is .01. Plus they charge if you don't have 500 bucks in there and don't have a certain amount of deposits in the checking. Boo BoA

Yes, I also use the Amex online saving service. I tried Ally before, but they asked me to send all kinds of documents back and forth and I was tied of that. I am just looking for better solutions for saving. Thanks for participating the conversation.

Message 14 of 27
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I cannot guarantee to do that many of transactions and login things every month -- kind of distracting to me, but maybe I will try to put some small amount of money there and find a way to automate the process later on. Good to know that bank. ThanksSmiley Happy

One other thing to note is that it will cost an HP to join (can't remember who they pull right now).  I was able to join and get a CC at the same time for 1 pull.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

A HP is bummer... Good to know this. I may apply for it later when I am out of 6-month gardening. Enjoy your saving!

Message 16 of 27
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I also use the Amex online saving service. I tried Ally before, but they asked me to send all kinds of documents back and forth and I was tied of that. I am just looking for better solutions for saving. Thanks for participating the conversation.

Same here with Ally! (I think I read of someone else running into the same issue). I've given up on them but they keep sending me mail. Might have to call them and tell them we're (hubby-to-be) and I don't want it anymore. 

I think I mentioned this in another thread but I have Barclays online savings account. It's 1% interest and signing up took less than 10 minutes. Just fill out a form, answer some verification questions (no HP), and then it's plug-and-play. They do check your bank accounts (you know put little deposits in and make you tell them the amounts) but it only takes a few days and now I can easily transfer money. The online site is pretty basic but it's functional. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like MySavingsDirect. No gimmicks on giving you 2-5% interest on the first $25,000 like some banks and then it is market rate of .50% or something really low.  Easy transfer in and transfer out.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Health Rating of the bank is kinda low: https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/mysavingsdirect.html

I don't know what does that mean, though.

Message 19 of 27
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

Lake Michigan Credit Union - 3%, if monthly requirements are met.  Haven't had any issues in over a year of banking with them.

Is there a maximum deposit for this rate? 

ETA:  Nevermind.  There's a maximum $15,000. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.