Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Place to Save Our $10,000+

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Place to Save Our $10,000+

@Anonymous wrote:

So if you have T-mobile by any chance you can have $3,000 making 4% with their T-mobile money!

The rest in a good high yield savings that can be from 2.10% and higher. If you have NFCU you can also use a short term Certificate for 6 months at 3%. 

Once you have $15,000 you can open a Discover savings at 2.10% and you get $150 bonus as well!

Cheers,

I don't have T-Mobile, but that's awesome! Also, I'm with PenFed, not NFCU, but may consider opening an account with them since I always hear good things. Does opening a checking/savings with them require a hard pull? I don't want a credit card with them (at least not yet) and I have a brother who is in the Marines.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should be able to answer your hard pull for NFCU question tomorrow.

I just joined NFCU (savings and checking only, no credit products) and I confirmed that NFCU has a date opened for my accounts as yesterday (Thurs March 28).  My date of application was Wed March 27.  I will wait till tomorrow to pull my EQ and TU reports at Karma and will see whether there is a hard pull there.

Do we know whether Navy ever pulls EX for any reason?

Message 12 of 15
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I should be able to answer your hard pull for NFCU question tomorrow.

I just joined NFCU (savings and checking only, no credit products) and I confirmed that NFCU has a date opened for my accounts as yesterday (Thurs March 28).  My date of application was Wed March 27.  I will wait till tomorrow to pull my EQ and TU reports at Karma and will see whether there is a hard pull there.

Ok yes, please let me know! Usually if I get a hard pull on my credit, Credit Karma alerts me right away. So, if you didn't get any kind of alert from them, then it probably wasn't a hard pull.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is a SP for membership, has been for awhile now. They will pull EWS as well. No Chex. 

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

There are some threads scattered around (none too recent) where NFCU pulled EX, but it's exceedingly rare. 

A few times it's happened when a member would freeze/lock TU and EQ (thinking EX was 'safe'), and at least once it was when all three were open and available (for a CLOC IIRC), so there's little consistency on the "when and why".

TL;DR:  They have the ability, but they seldom use it.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.