Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to get a personal loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best place to get a personal loan?

Hello MyFico! So I have a project coming up that I will need a personal loan for. Currently my Fico8 scores are Ex 679 6inqs (can’t get student loan lates from 2 years ago off) EQ 731 8 inqs TU 736 9 inqs (both with no lates lates) No collections at all. DTI is 16% UTL 12%.  Just refinanced my car 2 months ago as well as opened 2 new accounts, AAoA 1year, 4 months, oldest 6 years. I want to know where I can get a loan for about 30k with good terms. Preferably a lender that is known for pulling EQ or TU. I want to use Navy Federal but they terms aren’t the best. I have heard a few suggestions like Penfed, Unify, Lending club etc. Is there a lender that’s known for approving high amounts for thinner files? Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best place to get a personal loan?

Considering your AAoA, and all HP you racked up recently. I don't see terms in your favor, and probably not at $30K. Though it would depend on your monthly DTI, on whether they would approve an unscured loan for the high. 

I would search on sites like EX and CK for possible lenders and rates for you score and income. 

Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello MyFico! So I have a few expenses coming up that I will need a personal loan for. Currently my Fico8 scores are Ex 679 6inqs (can’t get student loan lates from 2 years ago off) EQ 734 8 inqs TU 736 9 inqs (both with no lates lates) No collections at all. DTI is 23% UTL 12%. My income is 50k. Just refinanced my car 2 months ago as well as opened 2 new accounts, AAoA 1year, 4 months, oldest 6 years. I want to know where I can get a loan for about 30k with good terms. Preferably a lender that is known for pulling EQ or TU. I want to use Navy Federal but they terms aren’t the best. I have heard a few suggestions like Penfed, Unify, Lending club etc. Is there a lender that’s known for approving high amounts for thinner files? Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Thanks!

I would stick with credit unions.

Since you want an EQ or TU pull, I would go with Langley FCU (EQ) or Lake Michigan CU (TU) or Evansville Teachers FCU (TU).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica Do you know the requirements or score minimums for them? Are they inq/new account sensitive? Do I need membership to apply?

@Janus Thanks. I did try prequalify for loans on Credit Karma but for some reason my EQ hasn’t updated since 2018 so it still shows a 530 🤦🏽‍♂️. I believe that’s the reason I couldn’t prequalify for any lol.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I highly recommend Lending Club. I just got a personal loan through them for $13.5k to consolidate around $8k in debt and took a little extra for cash for some purchases I wanted to make. My credit history is only around 2 yrs old and my income on paper is around $38k. They offered good terms/APR compared to the other companies I shopped through AND their process is super QUICK and easy! Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your reply's. I ended up going with Navy and was approved for the entire 30k. Posted it about here https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Nfcu-is-MIND-BLOWING/td-p/5741246

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for your reply's. I ended up going with Navy and was approved for the entire 30k. Posted it about here https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Nfcu-is-MIND-BLOWING/td-p/5741246

Congrats! on your approval. What terms did you get? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, 16.5 not the best but better than all the soft pull offers I got. Plus I think Navy would be the only one in my shoes 30k lol.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.