Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bread Balance transfer loan. SP.

tag
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

Bread Balance transfer loan. SP.

So: 

I got this bread cash back/Amex card 4 months ago.  I already had the Ann Taylor MC. (Started with 1,500 in may and it's already  gone to 3,500).  

Anyways, they sent me an email: a balance transfer offer for 24 months at 13.49 percent. I didn't really need it/can pay off, but wanted a credit mix. So I signed up.  Within 3 days, bills were paid.  No HP. In fact, the original bread card has never even reported. And this balance transfer hasn't either. I'm building, so I figure it will show eventually.  I'm planning on letting it ride for 6 months and I'll just pay off. 

as an aside, my husband also applied for the same card although he's an AU- and they gave him 5,000.  I guess I'm doing a good job helping his credit to go from 509 to 789.  

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Bread Balance transfer loan. SP.

@Suzette2 how is balance transfer going to help you with credit mix? 

I mean, it reports as normal balance, reporting doesn't specify purpose, so I'm not quite clear why you're paying such a high interest on something that has no way of helping you 

Message 2 of 8
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I mean, it reports as normal balance, reporting doesn't specify purpose, so I'm not quite clear why you're paying such a high interest on something that has no way of helping you 

Understand your point, but I view it as akin to an affirm/bal transfer/loan I pay off in a few months.  Dilution to my 2019 past.  

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Echoing what @Remedios mentioned.  I would just pay it off if you have the cash and save yourself money and use it for better things vs.a not so good offer unless you need that cash for other things, but it will certainly cost you.  I am not judging, just certainly not helping your credit mix.

Message 4 of 8
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Echoing what @Remedios mentioned.  I would just pay it off if you have the cash and save yourself money and use it for better things vs.a not so good offer unless you need that cash for other things, but it will certainly cost you.  I am not judging, just certainly not helping your credit mix.

For sure. Will do. I don't really need it. 

Message 5 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Suzette2 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Understand your point, but I view it as akin to an affirm/bal transfer/loan I pay off in a few months.  Dilution to my 2019 past.  

It's not, though. It's just balance transfer and will report as a balance on your card, not as a loan of any kind 

Depending on limit, you might even lose points while paying interest. 

Message 6 of 8
ksimmons3

It's a balance transfer loan with installment payments from Bread. I was offered it too

Message 7 of 8
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@ksimmons3 wrote:

It's a balance transfer loan with installment payments from Bread. I was offered it too

Exactly.  It doesn't go onto the card.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.