Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye Wells Fargo

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Bye bye Wells Fargo

Just closed my Wells Fargo checking account. The CSR hanged up on me, which was quite surprising. I still have student loan with them which I will pay off this year or early next year. Feels good to move on especially when I was broke student they charged me $8 per month fee. Now I am making BECU and PenFed my primary checking accounts. BECU has no minimums and PenFed just wants you to keep $500.

Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bye bye Wells Fargo

@Green456 wrote:
Just closed my Wells Fargo checking account. The CSR hanged up on me, which was quite surprising. I still have student loan with them which I will pay off this year or early next year. Feels good to move on especially when I was broke student they charged me $8 per month fee. Now I am making BECU and PenFed my primary checking accounts. BECU has no minimums and PenFed just wants you to keep $500.

Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?

I'm guessing she's going to get a whack on the hand via ruler by The WF Man for not being able to talk you into staying. This is a hoot Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 in answer to your question, "Now how long do I have to wait to churn Wells Fargo for the checking account bonus?"

Why would you want to?!
Message 3 of 18
Green456
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Churn them like they churned me. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Got'ta love it ...  Smiley Happy Hit them a second time for me ... could not get away fast enough.

Message 5 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

You have to read the T&C carefully before applying because they have different promos,  but with WF it's typically 12 months after they last paid you a checking account bonus. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Why would you want to?!

Got'ta love it ...  Smiley Happy Hit them a second time for me ... could not get away fast enough.

I banked with them for 10 years, 1999-2009 and wonder now how I put up with them so long. I'm on my 2nd bonus churn, I'll be gone in July when the current bonus hits, I'll probably be back in 12 months . . . . Vengeance is mine, sayeth Dave in AZ  . . .

Message 7 of 18
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I banked with them for 10 years, 1999-2009 and wonder now how I put up with them so long. I'm on my 2nd bonus churn, I'll be gone in July when the current bonus hits, I'll probably be back in 12 months . . . . Vengeance is mine, sayeth Dave in AZ  . . .

I never churned WF, but I did burn them... for $800. I banked with them from 1996 to 2007. I used to feel guilty about it, but after reading all the horrible things they did to consumers, I don't think twice about it. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could break away but having a bank that is a giant octopus everywhere in usa and has broker in same company...... the complacency is strong in this one.  I haven't ever banked with Chase but many people I know who have both say they are the only big bank thats worse than wf.

Message 9 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I could break away but having a bank that is a giant octopus everywhere in usa and has broker in same company...... the complacency is strong in this one.  I haven't ever banked with Chase but many people I know who have both say they are the only big bank thats worse than wf.

Lol. I've banked with both and Wells Fargo wins worst bank by a landslide. Not even close. My Wells Fargo lasted about 9 months. I'm at 11 years with Chase and still using them. Best big bank I've ever used. I'm tempted to move everything back from my credit union, but I like getting paid early.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.